Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Alex123 <my...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/18 14:25:56 UTC

Migration to Syncope 2.1.3 issue: ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table is used to get old serialized userWorkflow.bpmn20 xml

HI!

I migrated to syncope 2.1.3 and force an issue with old User Workflow. After
debug I see that Syncope load User Workflow from DB from ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY
table, not from userWorkflow.bpmn20 xml.

There are questions:

1) Could I (or should I) update ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table? How?
2) Could I just drop all rows from ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table? Will Syncope
update them?
3) How could I manage ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table? What config attributes are
used for this?

Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Migration to Syncope 2.1.3 issue: ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table is used to get old serialized userWorkflow.bpmn20 xml

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 18/04/19 16:25, Alex123 wrote:
> HI!
>
> I migrated to syncope 2.1.3 and force an issue with old User Workflow. After
> debug I see that Syncope load User Workflow from DB from ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY
> table, not from userWorkflow.bpmn20 xml.

This is expected: userWorkflow.bpmn20 xml is used only to bootstrap the
user workflow definition, when starting from an empty database.

Further updates are managed either via REST, or from Admin Console both
via Flowable Modeler and XML editor.

> There are questions:
>
> 1) Could I (or should I) update ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table? How?
Either via REST, or from Admin Console both via Flowable Modeler and XML
editor.
> 2) Could I just drop all rows from ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table? Will Syncope update them?
No, it's not safe to act at database level.
> 3) How could I manage ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY table? What config attributes are used for this?

See above.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò