Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Frisvold <xe...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/12 17:32:03 UTC

Bayes only if -u specified?

Hi all,

Quick question.  Is it possible to set up spamassassin to use Bayes
only if the -u option is passed via spamc?  I'm using simscan to call
spamassassin and if the user is not specified, it falls back to the
nobody account.  The bayesian database fills up with tons of tokens
that I believe are hurting, rather than helping, the identification of
spam.

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0@gmail.com
http://blog.godshell.com

Re: Bayes only if -u specified?

Posted by Jason Frisvold <xe...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/07, Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Two options, since you're using spamc/spamd.
>
> 1) Put user configs into SQL and for user nobody set use_bayes 0, you
> might get similar results if you give user nobody an actual home
> directory and a user_prefs file, but I've never tried that.

Duh..  Should have thought of this..  Ok, trying this out now..

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0@gmail.com

Re: Bayes only if -u specified?

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.

Re: Bayes only if -u specified?

Posted by Jason Frisvold <xe...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/07, John D. Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> wrote:
> Some options:
>
> (1) turn off autolearn.
>
> (2) if you suspect auto-mistraining then adjust your auto-training
> thresholds.
>
> (3) zap nobody's bayes database nightly (hourly?) in cron.

Yeah, I'm turning on autozap today :P

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0@gmail.com

Re: Bayes only if -u specified?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Jason Frisvold wrote:

> The bayesian database fills up with tons of tokens that I believe
> are hurting, rather than helping, the identification of spam.

Some options:

(1) turn off autolearn.

(2) if you suspect auto-mistraining then adjust your auto-training
thresholds.

(3) zap nobody's bayes database nightly (hourly?) in cron.

  An AR-15 in civilian hands used to defend a home or business:
    a High Velocity Assault Weapon with High Capacity Magazine
  An AR-15 in Law Enforcement Officer hands used to murder six kids:
    a Police-Style rifle
 226 days until the Mars Phoenix lander arrives at Mars