Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Naveen Bathula <nb...@intelidata.com> on 2002/03/13 17:55:13 UTC

Runtime Enable/Disable Logging

I am using log4j-1.2beta3

I set the Logging Level to be  "FATAL"
  LogManager.getLoggerRepository().setThreshold(XLevel.FATAL);
in the code.

I came across a mailing list where we can overide the Level with out
changing the binary at the client site using the command at run time

java ..... -D log4j.disableOverride=true  (I set this during run time)

This Level is set to debug in the configuration
 <priority value ="debug" />
   <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>

But I don't see all my debug messages....
Am I doing something wrong.....
How can we overide the threshold Level set in the binary code during rin
time?

Thanks