Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2007/09/04 19:27:47 UTC

Windows build failures

What is the status of the Windows builds on trunk? There still
are a large number of severe failures that need to be resolved
for the 4.2 release:

win_2000-4-x86	icl-10.0	all
win_2000-4-x86	icl-9.1		all
win_2000-4-x86	msvc-7.1	all
win_2003-1-x86	msvc-7.1	11s
win_xp-1-em64t	icl-10.0	12D-win32
win_xp-1-em64t	icl-10.0	12d-win32
win_xp-2-x86	icl-10.0	8s
win_xp-2-x86	icl-9.1		all

Farid, are you seeing these failures in your environment? if so,
can you look into them ASAP? If not, please let Andrew know what
differences there are between your and the test environments so
we can all converge on the same and/or get to the bottom of these
errors.

Thanks
Martin

Re: Windows build failures

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:

Actually, I take it back. I did open an issue:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-543

Martin

Re: Windows build failures

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:

You created an issue for it Martin:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-543

>>> win_*-em64t, msvc-8.0, 12D-win32
>>>    All locale tests fail with exit status of 4. This includes all
>>>    versions of Windows, including 2003, XP, and Vista.
>>
>>> win_xp-1-em64t, icl-10.0, {12D,15S}-win32 win_xp-2-x86, icl-9.1
>>>    Library fails to build with "Cannot access data for the desired
>>>    file since it is in a zombie state."
>>
>>   Possibly the problem caused by that both ICC 9.1 and ICC 10.0
>> installed on the same machine. I think my current patch will help.
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=575000&view=rev
>
> Andrew, please keep an eye on this and if the patch doesn't do
> it help Farid figure out what's causing this.

Hopefully we'll get a fairly quick turnaround on this.  I blotched a
change to the windows glue scripts yesterday, which I've fixed, and I am
in the process of rebuilding archives to get it into nightly testing.  I
think Farid's change made it into the archive, but I'm not certain.

--Andrew Black

Re: Windows build failures

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.

RE: Windows build failures

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

Re: Windows build failures

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.
Greetings all.

As I mentioned earlier, I reloaded the nightly testing archives earlier
to recover from a failed glue script update.  Most builds have re-run at
this point, so I'm going to try to annotate the list based on what I'm
seeing in the nightly testing system at the moment.  These results (or
updated versions) will be exported tomorrow, though I'm going on
vacation for a couple days, so I'm trying to send this out before I go.

Martin Sebor wrote:
> We continue to be having serious problems in our latest results
> due to what looks like infrastructure or setup issues (we had no
> updates over the weekend due to a ssh permission issue I ran
> into last Friday). I isolated the problematic results into the
> attached page to make it easier to focus on them. Below is
> a digest summarizing the problems from the logs.
>
> Andrew, Farid: have you made any progress on these?
>
> win_2000-4-x86
>   All builds still in DATA state. This includes MSVC 7.1 and Intel
>   C++ 9.1 and 10.0.

See STDCXX-543.  The state of these builds has improved, as the Intel
builds are now only lacking the test suite results, rather than all
results as had been the case before (due to compiler sanity check failures)

> win_*-em64t, msvc-8.0, 12D-win32
>   All locale tests fail with exit status of 4. This includes all
>   versions of Windows, including 2003, XP, and Vista.

This appears to have been resolved.  We are still seeing several locale
tests terminate with an exit status of 4, but these failures appear to
be consistent with other build types.

> win_xp-1-em64t, icl-10.0, {12D,15S}-win32
> win_xp-2-x86, icl-9.1
>   Library fails to build with "Cannot access data for the desired
>   file since it is in a zombie state."

Resolved on XP em64t, not resolved for XP x86.  I'm not certain if it's
a case of http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=575000&view=rev not being
included in the archive, or if there is a subtle issue in the changes
for icl-9.1.

> win_xp-2-x86, msvc-8.0, 12d-win32
>   Build fails at:
>
>   checking system
> architectured:\bman5\builds\34027456\source-buildspace\etc\config\windows\configure.wsf(342,
> 10) Microsoft JScript runtime error: Permission denied
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
> Custom Build Step"

Resolved.

--Andrew Black

Re: Windows build failures

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.

Re: Windows build failures

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.

RE: Windows build failures

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

  The tests did not invoked. I think that maximum command line length
was exceeded. The Windows 2000 command line limited by MAX_PATH value
(MAX_PATH == 260).
We need to add the ability to pass files list into exec utility using
external file, i.e.:
  exec.exe [OPTIONS] @files.lst

>From MSDN (function CreateProcess):
-----------------
lpCommandLine
[in, out] Pointer to a null-terminated string that specifies the command
line to execute.
            The maximum length of this string is 32K characters.
Windows 2000:  The maximum length of this string is MAX_PATH characters.

> win_2003-1-x86	msvc-7.1	11s
  Seems to be ok for now...

> win_xp-1-em64t	icl-10.0	12D-win32
> win_xp-1-em64t	icl-10.0	12d-win32
> win_xp-2-x86	icl-10.0	8s
> win_xp-2-x86	icl-9.1		all
  The "build.wsf(163, 14) (null): Invalid pointer" error.
Trying to fix thus: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=573012&view=rev

Farid.