Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com> on 2010/12/14 06:11:13 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.34 RC1

A release candidate for Apache-Test is now available at the following url:

http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz

Please download, test, and report back on this RC.  Summary of changes
is below.  A couple of very old (8+ years) compatibility features have
been removed, some bugs are fixed, and some maintenance features have
been added.  Your setup will not be negatively affected unless you are
running versions of mod_perl1 that are three versions out of date on a
case insensitive filesystem.

Fix build edge case where rpm based mp sources missing Apache2::Build cause
require failure in Apache-TestConfig.  Reported by Ryan Gies.
[Fred Moyer]

When an explicit shared mod_perl lib is not defined, default to the first
shared module found by find_apache_module().
[Fred Moyer]

Fix logic error in TOP_LEVEL constant calculation.  Remove Apache::test
compatibility from mod_perl 1.27.
[Fred Moyer]

Remove the custom config feature, and instead use inline directives,
ENV vars, and look for apxs et al in PATH.
[Fred Moyer]

Prevent reconfiguration when t/TEST is called with -run-tests only.
(rev 1004278) [Torsten Foertsch]

Make "t/TEST -ping=block" work when LWP is installed. (rev 1004275)
[Torsten Foertsch]

Don't attempt to run the test suite as root.  The workarounds needed
to facilitate root testing cause large maintenance costs, and return
no tangible benefits.
[Fred Moyer]

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.34 RC1

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Wednesday, December 15, 2010 14:36:41 Mario Brandt wrote:
> t\log_watch.t ............ Use of uninitialized value $fn in unlink at
> t\log_watch.t line 16.

Here are the lines that course the failure:

  my $fn=t_catfile(Apache::Test::vars->{t_logs}, 'watch');
  unlink $fn;

You see $fn at unlink-time is the output of t_catfile without modifications.
How can that be undef at this point?

I don't have a windows development environment. But on Linux even if vars-
>{t_logs} is undef t_catfile won't return undef:

  $ perl -MApache::TestUtil=t_catfile -le 'print t_catfile undef, "watch"'
  /watch

I have no clue what is wrong here.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.34 RC1

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a few issues on Win7
>
> Subroutine MY::test redefined at
> C:\build\Apache-Test-1.34-rc1\Makefile.PL line 168.
> t\log_watch.t ............ Use of uninitialized value $fn in unlink at
> t\log_watch.t line 16.
> t\log_watch.t ............ Dubious, test returned 22 (wstat 5632, 0x1600)

Thanks for taking the time to run the tests.  Looks like Torsten added
that test a while ago - maybe he'll see this and be able to take a
look at it.  My win32 foo is non-existent.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.
I had a few issues on Win7

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.
I had a few issues on Win7

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca>.
On 12/17/2010 2:13 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Adam Prime<ad...@utoronto.ca>  wrote:
>> server localhost:8529 started
>
>> t/more/all.t ............. skipped: cannot find module 'mod_perl.c'
>
>> All tests successful.
>> Files=10, Tests=33,  6 wallclock secs ( 0.09 usr  0.03 sys +  3.78 cusr
>>   0.41 csys =  4.31 CPU)
>> Result: PASS
>>
>> not sure why it's not finding mod_perl.c, or is that normal if you're using
>> dso's?
>
> I spent a fair amount of time trying to track that down - it appears
> to only happen when the tests are run from the mod_perl trunk.
> Apache-Test tries very hard to use only the mod_perl binary that is
> specified, even if other binaries are present.  I've made some changes
> so that it doesn't bail if it finds a binary that wasn't explicitly
> specified, but there is still some work to do there.

i didn't run those from an SVN checkout, i ran them from the package you
linked.  I'm not sure what you mean about them being run from mod_perl
trunk.

Adam

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.34 RC1

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.

Posted by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca>.
server localhost:8529 started
[   info] adding source lib /tmp/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
[   info] adding source lib /tmp/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
[   info] adding source lib /tmp/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
t/alltest/all.t .......... skipped: testing all.t
t/alltest2/all.t ......... skipped: testing more than one all.t
t/bad_coding.t ........... ok
t/cookies.t .............. ok
t/log_watch.t ............ ok
t/more/all.t ............. skipped: cannot find module 'mod_perl.c'
t/next_available_port.t .. ok
t/ping.t ................. ok
t/redirect.t ............. ok
t/request.t .............. ok

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
On 10-12-14 00:11 , Fred Moyer wrote:
> A release candidate for Apache-Test is now available at the following url:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Please download, test, and report back on this RC.  Summary of changes
> is below.  A couple of very old (8+ years) compatibility features have
> been removed, some bugs are fixed, and some maintenance features have
> been added.  Your setup will not be negatively affected unless you are
> running versions of mod_perl1 that are three versions out of date on a
> case insensitive filesystem.

OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard:

All tests successful, 2 tests skipped.
Files=13, Tests=39,  5 wallclock secs ( 2.29 cusr +  0.55 csys =  2.84 CPU)

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.34 RC1

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Posted by Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com>.
On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 21:11 -0800, Fred Moyer wrote:
> A release candidate for Apache-Test is now available at the following url:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz

On opensuse 11.3:

clinton@balrog:~/Desktop/t> tar -xzf Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz
clinton@balrog:~/Desktop/t> cd Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/
clinton@balrog:~/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1> perl Makefile.PL -httpd /opt/apache/bin/httpd
Subroutine MY::test redefined at Makefile.PL line 168.
[   info] generating script t/TEST
[   info] generating script ./t/cgi-bin/next_available_port.pl
[   info] generating script ./t/cgi-bin/cookies.pl
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Apache::Test
Checking for File::Spec...ok
Checking for Cwd...ok
clinton@balrog:~/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1> make test
cp lib/Apache/TestRun.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestMM.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestMM.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestClient.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestClient.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestCommonPost.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestCommonPost.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestConfigParrot.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestConfigParrot.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestRunPHP.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestRunPHP.pm
cp lib/Apache/Test.pm blib/lib/Apache/Test.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestConfigC.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestConfigC.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestServer.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestServer.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestReportPerl.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestReportPerl.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestHarness.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestHarness.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestUtil.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestUtil.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestSmoke.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestSmoke.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestTrace.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestTrace.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestCommon.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestCommon.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestSmokePerl.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestSmokePerl.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestConfigParse.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestConfigParse.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestConfigPHP.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestConfigPHP.pm
cp lib/Apache/Test5005compat.pm blib/lib/Apache/Test5005compat.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestBuild.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestBuild.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestMB.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestMB.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestPerlDB.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestPerlDB.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestRequest.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestRequest.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestHandler.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestHandler.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestRunParrot.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestRunParrot.pm
cp lib/Bundle/ApacheTest.pm blib/lib/Bundle/ApacheTest.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestHarnessPHP.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestHarnessPHP.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestRunPerl.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestRunPerl.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestReport.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestReport.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestSSLCA.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestSSLCA.pm
cp lib/Apache/TestSort.pm blib/lib/Apache/TestSort.pm
/opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
	t/TEST  -clean
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; /opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/bin/perl /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/TEST -clean
APACHE_TEST_GROUP= APACHE_TEST_HTTPD= APACHE_TEST_PORT= APACHE_TEST_USER= APACHE_TEST_APXS= \
	/opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
	t/TEST  -bugreport -verbose=0
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; /opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/bin/perl /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
/opt/apache/bin/httpd  -d /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t -f /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2
using Apache/2.2.17 (prefork MPM)

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ...
waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ok (waited 2 secs)
server localhost.localdomain:8529 started
[   info] adding source lib /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
[   info] adding source lib /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
[   info] adding source lib /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
t/alltest/all.t .......... skipped: testing all.t
t/alltest2/all.t ......... skipped: testing more than one all.t
t/bad_coding.t ........... ok
t/cookies.t .............. ok
t/log_watch.t ............ ok
t/more/01testpm.t ........ ok
t/more/02testmore.t ...... ok
t/more/03testpm.t ........ ok
t/more/04testmore.t ...... request has failed (the response code was: 500)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
t/more/04testmore.t ...... Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
No subtests run
t/next_available_port.t .. ok
t/ping.t ................. ok
t/redirect.t ............. ok
t/request.t .............. ok

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/more/04testmore.t    (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 255
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
Files=13, Tests=37,  5 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr  0.02 sys +  3.05 cusr  0.31 csys =  3.44 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/13 test programs. 0/37 subtests failed.
[warning] server localhost.localdomain:8529 shutdown
[  error] error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
[  error] oh darn, server dumped core
[  error] for stacktrace, run: gdb /opt/apache/bin/httpd -core /home/clinton/Desktop/t/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/core
| To report problems please refer to the SUPPORT file |
make: *** [run_tests] Error 1

Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 12 subversion 2) configuration:

  Platform:
    osname=linux, osvers=2.6.34.7-0.4-desktop, archname=x86_64-linux
    uname='linux balrog.traveljury.com 2.6.34.7-0.4-desktop #1 smp preempt 2010-10-07 19:07:51 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 gnulinux '
    config_args='-Dprefix=/opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded -des -Duseshrplib=true -Doptimize=-O2 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -g -Wall -pipe -Accflags=-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Acppflags=-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Dnoextensions=ODBM_File'
    useithreads=undef, usemultiplicity=undef
    useperlio=define, d_sfio=undef, uselargefiles=define, usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=define, use64bitall=define, uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cc', ccflags ='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DDEBUGGING -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64',
    optimize='-O2 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -g -Wall -pipe',
    cppflags='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DDEBUGGING -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include'
    ccversion='', gccversion='4.5.0 20100604 [gcc-4_5-branch revision 160292]', gccosandvers=''
    intsize=4, longsize=8, ptrsize=8, doublesize=8, byteorder=12345678
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
    ivtype='long', ivsize=8, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', lseeksize=8
    alignbytes=8, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='cc', ldflags =' -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib'
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib /lib64 /usr/lib64 /usr/local/lib64
    libs=-lnsl -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc
    perllibs=-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc
    libc=/lib/libc-2.11.2.so, so=so, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl.so
    gnulibc_version='2.11.2'
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='-Wl,-E -Wl,-rpath,/opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/lib/5.12.2/x86_64-linux/CORE'
    cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-shared -O2 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -g -Wall -pipe -L/usr/local/lib'

  Compile-time options: DEBUGGING PERL_DONT_CREATE_GVSV PERL_MALLOC_WRAP
                        PERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV USE_64_BIT_ALL USE_64_BIT_INT
                        USE_LARGE_FILES USE_PERLIO USE_PERL_ATOF
  Built under linux
  Compiled at Oct 23 2010 14:33:17
  @INC:
    /opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/lib/site_perl/5.12.2/x86_64-linux
    /opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/lib/site_perl/5.12.2
    /opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/lib/5.12.2/x86_64-linux
    /opt/perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/lib/5.12.2

/opt/apache/bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.17 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov 25 2010 11:56:33
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:25
Server loaded:  APR 1.4.2, APR-Util 1.3.10
Compiled using: APR 1.4.2, APR-Util 1.3.10
Architecture:   64-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
  threaded:     no
    forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/opt/httpd-2.2.17_mod_perl-2.0_20101124152005_libapreq-2.12_perl-5.12.2-unthreaded/"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/opt/httpd-2.2.17_mod_perl-2.0_20101124152005_libapreq-2.12_perl-5.12.2-unthreaded//bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/opt/apache/logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/opt/apache/logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/opt/apache/conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf"

Re: You can call me code elf (was: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.34 RC1)

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Wednesday, December 29, 2010 04:19:05 Fred Moyer wrote:
> All ok on Darwin/5.12.2, got a failure on Linux/5.8.8/2.2.9
>
> t/import.t ............... 1/47 Use of uninitialized value in open at
> /home/phred/dev/perl/lib/5.8.8/Test/Builder.pm line 1599.
> # Test 46 got: "1..17\n# Using Apache/Test.pm version 1.34\nok 1 -
> hugo is not erwin\n" (t/import.t at line 136)
> #    Expected: "(?m-xis:^1\\.\\.17$)" (planned)
> #  t/import.t line 136 is: Test::skip $pio, $output, qr/^1\.\.17$/m,
> 'planned'; t/import.t ............... Failed 1/47 subtests

That's the old perl version. Could you please retest revision 1053949 (or
later).

The following command shows the bug:

$ perl -Mstrict -e 'my $re=qr/^a$/m; printf "%vd: %s\n", $^V, "a\nx"=~$re ?
"match" : "no match"'

5.12.1: match
5.8.8: no match

Perl 5.8.8 forgets about the m-flag.

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
2010/12/27 Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>:
> On Thursday, December 16, 2010 01:07:00 Fred Moyer wrote:
>> Maybe a code elf will come
>> out of the woodwork and magically fix it...

:)

> Fixed in revision 1053063.
>
> Apache::Test users, please test this revision with your modules. See
>
>  svn log -r 1053063
>
> for a detailed description and
>
>  svn diff -c 1053063
>
> for what has changed.
>
> The new test file t/import.t has a set of usage cases.

All ok on Darwin/5.12.2, got a failure on Linux/5.8.8/2.2.9

t/import.t ............... 1/47 Use of uninitialized value in open at
/home/phred/dev/perl/lib/5.8.8/Test/Builder.pm line 1599.
# Test 46 got: "1..17\n# Using Apache/Test.pm version 1.34\nok 1 -
hugo is not erwin\n" (t/import.t at line 136)
#    Expected: "(?m-xis:^1\\.\\.17$)" (planned)
#  t/import.t line 136 is: Test::skip $pio, $output, qr/^1\.\.17$/m, 'planned';
t/import.t ............... Failed 1/47 subtests

Nothing in the error logs noteworthy.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 15 décembre 2010 à 07:08 +1100, David Dick a écrit :
>> On 14/12/10 16:11, Fred Moyer wrote:
>>  > A release candidate for Apache-Test is now available at the following
>> url:
>>  >
>>  > http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz
>>  >
>>  > Please download, test, and report back on this RC.
>>

> This is what I get on debian testing amd64. I tried to get a stacktrace
> as indicated in the error message, but gdb's warnings scared me off.

No worries - thanks for taking the initiative to download and report
back.  That test is failing and segfaulting on some systems, but it
seems to be a problem with the interpreter running the test.  These
0Xtestmore tests weren't shipped with previous versions of
Apache-Test, but I thought it was better to ship them and have one
esoteric test fail than not to ship them.  Maybe a code elf will come
out of the woodwork and magically fix it...

Thanks for everyone who tested this release!  I think we have enough
+1s and confidence in the results to ship 1.34 here.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.

Posted by Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr>.
Le mercredi 15 décembre 2010 à 07:08 +1100, David Dick a écrit :
> On 14/12/10 16:11, Fred Moyer wrote:
>  > A release candidate for Apache-Test is now available at the following
> url:
>  >
>  > http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz
>  >
>  > Please download, test, and report back on this RC.

This is what I get on debian testing amd64. I tried to get a stacktrace
as indicated in the error message, but gdb's warnings scared me off.

Not sure what to do next, and the instructions here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html
are just too much for me to handle right now.

Let me know if you want me to do something

vincent@asus-1001PX:~/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1$ t/TEST
-httpd /usr/sbin/apache2
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c
unlimited; /usr/bin/perl /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/TEST
-httpd '/usr/sbin/apache2'
/usr/sbin/apache2  -d /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t
-f /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2
-D PERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/2.2.16 (prefork MPM)

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ..
waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ok (waited 0 secs)
server localhost:8529 started
[   info] adding source lib /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib
to @INC
[...]

Files=13, Tests=37, 17 wallclock secs ( 0.29 usr  0.07 sys + 13.39 cusr
1.05 csys = 14.80 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/13 test programs. 0/37 subtests failed.
[warning] server localhost:8529 shutdown
[  error] error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
[  error] oh dangit, server dumped core
[  error] for stacktrace, run: gdb /usr/sbin/apache2
-core /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/core

vincent@asus-1001PX:~/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1$ gdb /usr/sbin/apache2
-core /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable),
which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if
used
in this session.

Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/apache2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/apache2
-d /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t -f /home/vincent/'.
#0  0x00007f56b8815583 in ?? ()
(gdb)

t/logs/error_log

[Wed Dec 15 17:49:46 2010] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) configured --
resuming normal operations
[Wed Dec 15 17:49:46 2010] [info] Server built: Nov 14 2010 18:43:04
[Wed Dec 15 17:49:46 2010] [debug] prefork.c(1013): AcceptMutex: sysvsem
(default: sysvsem)
[Wed Dec 15 17:50:01 2010] [info] removed PID
file /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/logs/httpd.pid (pid=3610)
[Wed Dec 15 17:50:01 2010] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Seeding PRNG with 0 bytes of
entropy
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Generating temporary RSA private
keys (512/1024 bits)
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Generating temporary DH
parameters (512/1024 bits)
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured
[hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Initializing (virtual) servers
for SSL
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] mod_ssl/2.2.16 compiled against
Server: Apache/2.2.16, Library: OpenSSL/0.9.8o
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Seeding PRNG with 0 bytes of
entropy
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Generating temporary RSA private
keys (512/1024 bits)
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Generating temporary DH
parameters (512/1024 bits)
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Init: Initializing (virtual) servers
for SSL
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] mod_ssl/2.2.16 compiled against
Server: Apache/2.2.16, Library: OpenSSL/0.9.8o
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4
Perl/v5.10.1 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [info] Server built: Nov 14 2010 18:43:04
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:22 2010] [debug] prefork.c(1013): AcceptMutex: sysvsem
(default: sysvsem)
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:39 2010] [notice] child pid 3746 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump
in /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:44 2010] [info] removed PID
file /home/vincent/src/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/logs/httpd.pid (pid=3745)
[Wed Dec 15 17:53:44 2010] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
t/logs/error_log (END)

/usr/sbin/apache2 -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
Server built:   Nov 14 2010 18:43:04
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:24
Server loaded:  APR 1.4.2, APR-Util 1.3.9
Compiled using: APR 1.4.2, APR-Util 1.3.9
Architecture:   64-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
  threaded:     no
    forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/apache2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/lib/apache2/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/apache2.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/apache2/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="apache2.conf"

perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 10 subversion 1) configuration:

  Platform:
    osname=linux, osvers=2.6.32-5-amd64,
archname=x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    uname='linux madeleine 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 smp wed oct 20 00:05:22 utc
2010 x86_64 gnulinux '
    config_args='-Dusethreads -Duselargefiles -Dccflags=-DDEBIAN
-Dcccdlflags=-fPIC -Darchname=x86_64-linux-gnu -Dprefix=/usr
-Dprivlib=/usr/share/perl/5.10 -Darchlib=/usr/lib/perl/5.10
-Dvendorprefix=/usr -Dvendorlib=/usr/share/perl5
-Dvendorarch=/usr/lib/perl5 -Dsiteprefix=/usr/local
-Dsitelib=/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1
-Dsitearch=/usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 -Dman1dir=/usr/share/man/man1
-Dman3dir=/usr/share/man/man3 -Dsiteman1dir=/usr/local/man/man1
-Dsiteman3dir=/usr/local/man/man3 -Dman1ext=1 -Dman3ext=3perl
-Dpager=/usr/bin/sensible-pager -Uafs -Ud_csh -Ud_ualarm -Uusesfio
-Uusenm -DDEBUGGING=-g -Doptimize=-O2 -Duseshrplib
-Dlibperl=libperl.so.5.10.1 -Dd_dosuid -des'
    useithreads=define, usemultiplicity=define
    useperlio=define, d_sfio=undef, uselargefiles=define, usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=define, use64bitall=define, uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cc', ccflags ='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN
-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64',
    optimize='-O2 -g',
    cppflags='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fno-strict-aliasing
-pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include'
    ccversion='', gccversion='4.4.5', gccosandvers=''
    intsize=4, longsize=8, ptrsize=8, doublesize=8, byteorder=12345678
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
    ivtype='long', ivsize=8, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t',
lseeksize=8
    alignbytes=8, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='cc', ldflags =' -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib'
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib /lib64 /usr/lib64
    libs=-lgdbm -lgdbm_compat -ldb -ldl -lm -lpthread -lc -lcrypt
    perllibs=-ldl -lm -lpthread -lc -lcrypt
    libc=/lib/libc-2.11.2.so, so=so, useshrplib=true,
libperl=libperl.so.5.10.1
    gnulibc_version='2.11.2'
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='-Wl,-E'
    cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-shared -O2 -g -L/usr/local/lib
-fstack-protector'

  Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY PERL_DONT_CREATE_GVSV
                        PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_MALLOC_WRAP
USE_64_BIT_ALL
                        USE_64_BIT_INT USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES
                        USE_PERLIO USE_REENTRANT_API
  Locally applied patches:
	DEBPKG:debian/arm_thread_stress_timeout - http://bugs.debian.org/501970
Raise the timeout of ext/threads/shared/t/stress.t to accommodate slower
build hosts
	DEBPKG:debian/cpan_config_path - Set location of CPAN::Config
to /etc/perl as /usr may not be writable.
	DEBPKG:debian/cpan_definstalldirs - Provide a sensible INSTALLDIRS
default for modules installed from CPAN.
	DEBPKG:debian/db_file_ver - http://bugs.debian.org/340047 Remove overly
restrictive DB_File version check.
	DEBPKG:debian/doc_info - Replace generic man(1) instructions with
Debian-specific information.
	DEBPKG:debian/enc2xs_inc - http://bugs.debian.org/290336 Tweak enc2xs
to follow symlinks and ignore missing @INC directories.
	DEBPKG:debian/errno_ver - http://bugs.debian.org/343351 Remove Errno
version check due to upgrade problems with long-running processes.
	DEBPKG:debian/extutils_hacks - Various debian-specific ExtUtils changes
	DEBPKG:debian/fakeroot - Postpone LD_LIBRARY_PATH evaluation to the
binary targets.
	DEBPKG:debian/instmodsh_doc - Debian policy doesn't install .packlist
files for core or vendor.
	DEBPKG:debian/ld_run_path - Remove standard libs from LD_RUN_PATH as
per Debian policy.
	DEBPKG:debian/libnet_config_path - Set location of libnet.cfg
to /etc/perl/Net as /usr may not be writable.
	DEBPKG:debian/m68k_thread_stress - http://bugs.debian.org/495826
Disable some threads tests on m68k for now due to missing TLS.
	DEBPKG:debian/mod_paths - Tweak @INC ordering for Debian
	DEBPKG:debian/module_build_man_extensions -
http://bugs.debian.org/479460 Adjust Module::Build manual page
extensions for the Debian Perl policy
	DEBPKG:debian/perl_synopsis - http://bugs.debian.org/278323 Rearrange
perl.pod
	DEBPKG:debian/prune_libs - http://bugs.debian.org/128355 Prune the list
of libraries wanted to what we actually need.
	DEBPKG:debian/use_gdbm - Explicitly link against -lgdbm_compat in
ODBM_File/NDBM_File.
	DEBPKG:fixes/assorted_docs - http://bugs.debian.org/443733 [384f06a]
Math::BigInt::CalcEmu documentation grammar fix
	DEBPKG:fixes/net_smtp_docs - http://bugs.debian.org/100195 [rt.cpan.org
#36038] Document the Net::SMTP 'Port' option
	DEBPKG:fixes/processPL - http://bugs.debian.org/357264 [rt.cpan.org
#17224] Always use PERLRUNINST when building perl modules.
	DEBPKG:debian/perlivp - http://bugs.debian.org/510895 Make perlivp skip
include directories in /usr/local
	DEBPKG:fixes/pod2man-index-backslash - http://bugs.debian.org/521256
Escape backslashes in .IX entries
	DEBPKG:debian/disable-zlib-bundling - Disable zlib bundling in
Compress::Raw::Zlib
	DEBPKG:fixes/kfreebsd_cppsymbols - http://bugs.debian.org/533098
[3b910a0] Add gcc predefined macros to $Config{cppsymbols} on
GNU/kFreeBSD.
	DEBPKG:debian/cpanplus_definstalldirs - http://bugs.debian.org/533707
Configure CPANPLUS to use the site directories by default.
	DEBPKG:debian/cpanplus_config_path - Save local versions of
CPANPLUS::Config::System into /etc/perl.
	DEBPKG:fixes/kfreebsd-filecopy-pipes - http://bugs.debian.org/537555
[16f708c] Fix File::Copy::copy with pipes on GNU/kFreeBSD
	DEBPKG:fixes/anon-tmpfile-dir - http://bugs.debian.org/528544 [perl
#66452] Honor TMPDIR when open()ing an anonymous temporary file
	DEBPKG:fixes/abstract-sockets - http://bugs.debian.org/329291 [89904c0]
Add support for Abstract namespace sockets.
	DEBPKG:fixes/hurd_cppsymbols - http://bugs.debian.org/544307 [eeb92b7]
Add gcc predefined macros to $Config{cppsymbols} on GNU/Hurd.
	DEBPKG:fixes/autodie-flock - http://bugs.debian.org/543731 Allow for
flock returning EAGAIN instead of EWOULDBLOCK on linux/parisc
	DEBPKG:fixes/archive-tar-instance-error - http://bugs.debian.org/539355
[rt.cpan.org #48879] Separate Archive::Tar instance error strings from
each other
	DEBPKG:fixes/positive-gpos - http://bugs.debian.org/545234 [perl
#69056] [c584a96] Fix \G crash on first match
	DEBPKG:debian/devel-ppport-ia64-optim - http://bugs.debian.org/548943
Work around an ICE on ia64
	DEBPKG:fixes/trie-logic-match - http://bugs.debian.org/552291 [perl
#69973] [0abd0d7] Fix a DoS in Unicode processing [CVE-2009-3626]
	DEBPKG:fixes/hppa-thread-eagain - http://bugs.debian.org/554218 make
the threads-shared test suite more robust, fixing failures on hppa
	DEBPKG:fixes/crash-on-undefined-destroy - http://bugs.debian.org/564074
[perl #71952] [1f15e67] Fix a NULL pointer dereference when looking for
a DESTROY method
	DEBPKG:fixes/tainted-errno - http://bugs.debian.org/574129 [perl
#61976] [be1cf43] fix an errno stringification bug in taint mode
	DEBPKG:fixes/safe-upgrade - http://bugs.debian.org/582978 Upgrade
Safe.pm to 2.25, fixing CVE-2010-1974
	DEBPKG:fixes/tell-crash - http://bugs.debian.org/578577 [f4817f3] Fix a
tell() crash on bad arguments.
	DEBPKG:fixes/format-write-crash - http://bugs.debian.org/579537 [perl
#22977] [421f30e] Fix a crash in format/write
	DEBPKG:fixes/arm-alignment - http://bugs.debian.org/289884 [f1c7503]
Prevent gcc from optimizing the alignment test away on armel
	DEBPKG:fixes/fcgi-test - Fix a failure in CGI/t/fast.t when FCGI is
installed
	DEBPKG:fixes/hurd-ccflags - http://bugs.debian.org/587901 Make
hints/gnu.sh append to $ccflags rather than overriding them
	DEBPKG:debian/squelch-locale-warnings - http://bugs.debian.org/508764
Squelch locale warnings in Debian package maintainer scripts
	DEBPKG:fixes/lc-numeric-docs - http://bugs.debian.org/379329 [perl
#78452] [903eb63] LC_NUMERIC documentation fixes
	DEBPKG:fixes/lc-numeric-sprintf - http://bugs.debian.org/601549 [perl
#78632] [b3fd614] Fix sprintf not to ignore LC_NUMERIC with constants
	DEBPKG:fixes/concat-stack-corruption - http://bugs.debian.org/596105
[perl #78674] [e3393f5] Fix stack pointer corruption in pp_concat() with
'use encoding'
	DEBPKG:patchlevel - http://bugs.debian.org/567489 List packaged patches
for 5.10.1-16 in patchlevel.h
  Built under linux
  Compiled at Nov  2 2010 08:38:47
  @INC:
    /etc/perl
    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1
    /usr/lib/perl5
    /usr/share/perl5
    /usr/lib/perl/5.10
    /usr/share/perl/5.10
    /usr/local/lib/site_perl
    .

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.34 RC1

Posted by David Dick <dd...@iinet.net.au>.
On 14/12/10 16:11, Fred Moyer wrote:
 > A release candidate for Apache-Test is now available at the following
url:

 > http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz
 >
 > Please download, test, and report back on this RC.

On fedora 14

[dave@localhost ~]$ tar -zxf Apache-Test-1.34-rc1.tar.gz
[dave@localhost ~]$ cd Apache-Test-1.34-rc1
[dave@localhost Apache-Test-1.34-rc1]$ perl Makefile.PL
Subroutine MY::test redefined at Makefile.PL line 168.
[   info] generating script t/TEST
[   info] generating script ./t/cgi-bin/cookies.pl
[   info] generating script ./t/cgi-bin/next_available_port.pl
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

This version of Devel::Cover was built with Perl version 5.012000.
It is now being run with Perl version 5.012002.
Attempting to make adjustments, but you may find that some of your
modules do
not have coverage data collected.  You may need to alter the +-inc, +-ignore
and +-select options.

[dave@localhost Apache-Test-1.34-rc1]$ vi Makefile.PL
[dave@localhost Apache-Test-1.34-rc1]$ cd
[dave@localhost ~]$ rm -Rf Apache-Test-1.34-rc1

[dave@matrix Apache-Test-1.34-rc1]$ make
[...]
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestRun.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestSmoke.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestRequest.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestServer.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestTrace.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestConfig.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestMM.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestRunPHP.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Bundle::ApacheTest.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::Test.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestRunPerl.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestReport.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestMB.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache::TestUtil.3pm
[dave@matrix Apache-Test-1.34-rc1]$ make test
/usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST  -clean
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl
/home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/TEST -clean
APACHE_TEST_GROUP= APACHE_TEST_HTTPD= APACHE_TEST_PORT=
APACHE_TEST_USER= APACHE_TEST_APXS= \
/usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST  -bugreport -verbose=0
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl
/home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
/usr/sbin/httpd  -d /home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t -f
/home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2 -D
PERL_USEITHREADS

[   info] adding source lib /home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
[   info] adding source lib /home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
[   info] adding source lib /home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/lib to @INC
t/alltest/all.t .......... skipped: testing all.t
t/alltest2/all.t ......... skipped: testing more than one all.t
t/bad_coding.t ........... ok
t/cookies.t .............. ok
t/log_watch.t ............ ok
t/more/01testpm.t ........ ok
t/more/02testmore.t ...... ok
t/more/03testpm.t ........ request has failed (the response code was: 500)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
t/more/03testpm.t ........ Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
No subtests run
t/more/04testmore.t ...... ok
t/next_available_port.t .. ok
t/ping.t ................. ok
t/redirect.t ............. ok
t/request.t .............. ok

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/more/03testpm.t      (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
   Non-zero exit status: 255
   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
Files=13, Tests=38,  6 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr  0.02 sys +  4.71 cusr
  0.40 csys =  5.19 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/13 test programs. 0/38 subtests failed.
[warning] server localhost.localdomain:8529 shutdown
[  error] error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
[  error] oh nuts, server dumped core
[  error] for stacktrace, run: gdb /usr/sbin/httpd -core
/home/dave/Apache-Test-1.34-rc1/t/core.27729

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.