Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Edoardo Fullin <ed...@outlook.com> on 2022/12/17 11:01:44 UTC

HELP: Cannot paste anywhere inside guacamole

Hello everyone, I've been encountering an odd issue lately.

Namely, I cannot paste text from my clipboard into guacamole, and by
that I don't mean inside remote sessions but I mean I cannot paste
anywhere on the website (login, admin console, clipboard and so on) so I
cannot even paste SSH keys for pubkey authentication.

At the beginning I though it was an (unofficial) docker image made for
arm that was causing the problem but now I reinstalled everything from
scratch on a x86 host using the official image and I still encounter the
same issue. Tried multiple browsers, multiple OS and I cannot get my
head around it. The client does not show anything on the console.

Does anyone have any idea or does anyone know where to look? I leave
here my docker compose file, the website is behind traefik but the same
issue happens regardless of whether I use it behind traefik or directly
from the host IP.

I am using postgres as DBMS and OpenID for authentication.
guacamole.properties only contains the OIDC and postgres configuration,
and tomcat/conf/server.xml contains the configuration for proxying
present in the wiki.

Thanks in advance!

docker-compose.yml:

volumes:
   guacamole:
     name: guacamole
     external: true

networks:
   guacnetwork_compose:
     driver: bridge
   webservices:
     name: webservices
     external: true

# services
services:
   # guacd
   guacd:
     container_name: guacamole_guacd
     image: guacamole/guacd
     networks:
       guacnetwork_compose:
     restart: always
   # guacamole
   guacamole:
     container_name: guacamole
     depends_on:
       - guacd
     environment:
       GUACD_HOSTNAME: guacd
       POSTGRES_DATABASE: guacamole
       POSTGRES_HOSTNAME: 10.0.50.102
       POSTGRES_PASSWORD: 'SECRET'
       POSTGRES_USER: guacamole
       GUACAMOLE_HOME: /data
     image: guacamole/guacamole
     links:
       - guacd
     networks:
       webservices:
         ipv4_address: 172.20.0.25
       guacnetwork_compose:
     ports:
       - 8081:8080/tcp
     labels:
       - "traefik.http.routers.console.tls.certresolver=henet"
       - "traefik.http.routers.console.tls.domains[0].main=DOMAIN.net"
       - "traefik.http.routers.console.tls.domains[0].sans=*.DOMAIN.net"
       - "traefik.http.routers.console.rule=Host(`console.DOMAIN.net`)"
       - "traefik.http.middlewares.guacprefix.addprefix.prefix=/guacamole"
       - "traefik.http.routers.console.middlewares=redirecthttps@file,
guacprefix@docker, lanonly@file, geoip-maxmind-auth@file"
       -
"traefik.http.services.guacamole-service.loadbalancer.server.port=8080"
       - "traefik.docker.network=webservices"
       - "traefik.enable=true"
     volumes:
       - "guacamole:/data"
     restart: always

Re: HELP: Cannot paste anywhere inside guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 11:08 PM Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2022, 7:57 PM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 6:02 AM Edoardo Fullin
>> <ed...@outlook.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello everyone, I've been encountering an odd issue lately.
>> >
>> > Namely, I cannot paste text from my clipboard into guacamole, and by
>> > that I don't mean inside remote sessions but I mean I cannot paste
>> > anywhere on the website (login, admin console, clipboard and so on) so I
>> > cannot even paste SSH keys for pubkey authentication.
>> >

>> This doesn't really sound like a Guacamole issue, per se - at least, I
>> don't know of anything in Guacamole that would block or cause pasting,
>> in general, to stop working. It seems more likely it would be
>> something in the client platform, where the browser is running, or the
>> browser itself, causing the issues.
>>
>> A few questions for you:
>>  * When you say you cannot paste, have you tried _both_ Ctrl-V and
>> right-click and paste in those boxes, and confirmed that neither of
>> those work?
>>  * I assume you've tried other websites and confirmed that it works in
>> other places from those same clients - and that it is only the
>> Guacamole web site that doesn't work?
>>  * It behaves this way consistently from startup - so, if you log
>> completely off the client, log back on, start the browser, and go to
>> the Guacamole web site, you're immediately unable to paste into the
>> login box, search box, etc.?
>>  * You've not customized the code at all, or have a custom extension
>> loaded - just the stock/official Guacamole components?
>

> I wonder if perhaps the local clipboard integration might be preventing normal clipboard use if access to reading from the local clipboard has been denied... We are hooking into the local clipboard as early as possible and at a pretty low level.

Good point - probably worth making sure that clipboard integration is
enabled for the Guacamole site.

-Nick

Re: HELP: Cannot paste anywhere inside guacamole

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 28, 2022, 7:57 PM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 6:02 AM Edoardo Fullin
> <ed...@outlook.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone, I've been encountering an odd issue lately.
> >
> > Namely, I cannot paste text from my clipboard into guacamole, and by
> > that I don't mean inside remote sessions but I mean I cannot paste
> > anywhere on the website (login, admin console, clipboard and so on) so I
> > cannot even paste SSH keys for pubkey authentication.
> >

> This doesn't really sound like a Guacamole issue, per se - at least, I
> don't know of anything in Guacamole that would block or cause pasting,
> in general, to stop working. It seems more likely it would be
> something in the client platform, where the browser is running, or the
> browser itself, causing the issues.
>
> A few questions for you:
>  * When you say you cannot paste, have you tried _both_ Ctrl-V and
> right-click and paste in those boxes, and confirmed that neither of
> those work?
>  * I assume you've tried other websites and confirmed that it works in
> other places from those same clients - and that it is only the
> Guacamole web site that doesn't work?
>  * It behaves this way consistently from startup - so, if you log
> completely off the client, log back on, start the browser, and go to
> the Guacamole web site, you're immediately unable to paste into the
> login box, search box, etc.?
>  * You've not customized the code at all, or have a custom extension
> loaded - just the stock/official Guacamole components?

I wonder if perhaps the local clipboard integration might be preventing
normal clipboard use if access to reading from the local clipboard has been
denied... We are hooking into the local clipboard as early as possible and
at a pretty low level.

- Mike

Re: HELP: Cannot paste anywhere inside guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.