Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Adam R Rice <AD...@uk.ibm.com> on 2010/10/19 23:34:05 UTC

[Trinidad] tr:commandbutton issue

I have been trying to use the Trinidad command button to call a method in
a bean but it doesn't seem to recognise that the method is there.

index.jsp
<f:view>
        <head>
charset=ISO-8859-1">
        <title>Tracking</title>
        </head>

TrackingBean.java
public String update()
{
        // do something;
        return "";
}

If I type '<tr:commandButton action="#{trackingBean.' and press Ctrl+Space
the list of available methods does not show the update() method.

What else do I need to do to allow this method to be selected? I believe
that the method signature is correct and there is no need to make any
modifications to faces-config.xml.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Adam Rice

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [Trinidad] tr:commandbutton issue

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
You need to use tr:document or trh:body in all of your pages. Not sure
if that is your problem, but Trinidad pages will not work without one
of those components.