Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Richard Hubbell <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/12 21:20:52 UTC

test plan stop working after adding a "HTTP Header Manager"

I've got a spider-like test plan that recurses to a
limite d depth. Some sites reject the default
User-Agent and so I added a Header Manager to alter
the User-Agent string.  But after I add the Header
Manager my test plan no longer works. I don't see
anything in logs.  Any ideas? Is it a scope problem? I
moved the Header Manager around to have a different
scope but didn't matter.

Re: test plan stop working after adding a "HTTP Header Manager"

Posted by Richard Hubbell <ri...@yahoo.com>.
It turns out that the subsequent http request, after
the initial http request and is matched with an http
link parser, did not have a broken pattern and so
somehow that problem only showed any symptoms (other
than logged errors) after I added the header manager.

Once I fixed the http request pattern the header
manager worked properly.  Strange thing is that the
http request worked sometimes but not all the time.
Hope this makes sense.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.