Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/06 16:17:12 UTC

cannot pull statefun docker image

Hi,

I tried to build statefun-greeter-example docker image with "docker build
." but cannot pull the base statefun docker image due to access denied. Any
idea? Thanks.

$ docker login
Authenticating with existing credentials...
Login Succeeded
lianj:~/repo/flink-statefun/statefun-examples/statefun-greeter-example
(flink-statefun) (master)
$ docker build .
Sending build context to Docker daemon  294.9kB
Step 1/3 : FROM flink-statefun:2.3-SNAPSHOT
pull access denied for flink-statefun, repository does not exist or may
require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

Re: cannot pull statefun docker image

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The Dockerfiles in the examples in the flink-statefun repo currently work
against images built from snapshot development branches.

Ververica has been hosting StateFun base images for released versions:
https://hub.docker.com/r/ververica/flink-statefun
You can change `FROM flink-statefun:*` to `FROM ververica/flink-statefun:*`
and the examples should work.

Alternatively, you can build the images yourself, using the Dockerfiles for
released StateFun versions at:
https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun-docker

Cheers,
Gordon