Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dhinu2489 <dh...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/31 16:04:51 UTC

JettyClient failed cause by: HttpConnectionOverHTTP

Hi,

I am new to Camel and using camel jetty component to do a http connection to
an another application (java web app). But I received an error like below:

org.apache.camel.CamelExchangeException: JettyClient failed cause by:
HttpConnectionOverHTTP@45dc56cd(x:/xxx.xxx.x.xx:xxxxx <->
x:xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx,closed=false)[HttpChannelOverHTTP@4c6d090(exchange=HttpExchange@78d9d8fd
req=TERMINATED/null@null
res=PENDING/null@null)[send=HttpSenderOverHTTP@18a6a063(req=QUEUED,snd=COMPLETED,failure=null)[HttpGenerator{s=START}],recv=HttpReceiverOverHTTP@636bd039(rsp=IDLE,failure=null)[HttpParser{s=CLOSED,0
of -1}]]]. Exchange[ID-xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxx-1495047169639-0-53707][Message:
xxxxx [Body clipped after 1000 chars, total length is 2466]]. Caused by:
[java.io.EOFException -
[...]

I am not able to understand what this error implies. Can you please help me
out here?

Re: JettyClient failed cause by: HttpConnectionOverHTTP

Posted by dhinu2489 <dh...@gmail.com>.
owain wrote
> Hi,
>
> My understanding is that you should not be using camel jetty as a producer
> since it is deprecated.
>
> http://camel.apache.org/jetty.html
> &lt;http://camel.apache.org/jetty.html&gt;
>
> I would suggest using http4 component (http://camel.apache.org/http4
> &lt;http://camel.apache.org/http4&gt;) or try rest dsl for producer
> requests in Camel 2.19.0
>
> O.
>

>> On 31 May 2017, at 17:04, dhinu2489 &lt;

> dhinu.2489@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to Camel and using camel jetty component to do a http connection
>> an another application (java web app). But I received an error like
>> below:
>>
>> org.apache.camel.CamelExchangeException: JettyClient failed cause by:
>> HttpConnectionOverHTTP@45dc56cd(x:/xxx.xxx.x.xx:xxxxx <->
>> x:xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx,closed=false)[HttpChannelOverHTTP@4c6d090(exchange=HttpExchange@78d9d8fd
>> req=TERMINATED/null@null
>> res=PENDING/null@null)[send=HttpSenderOverHTTP@18a6a063(req=QUEUED,snd=COMPLETED,failure=null)[HttpGenerator{s=START}],recv=HttpReceiverOverHTTP@636bd039(rsp=IDLE,failure=null)[HttpParser{s=CLOSED,0
>> of -1}]]]. Exchange[ID-xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxx-1495047169639-0-53707][Message:
>> xxxxx [Body clipped after 1000 chars, total length is 2466]]. Caused by:
>> [java.io.EOFException -
>> HttpConnectionOverHTTP@45dc56cd(x:/xxx.xxx.x.xx:xxxxx <->
>> x:xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx,closed=false)[HttpChannelOverHTTP@4c6d090(exchange=HttpExchange@78d9d8fd
>> req=TERMINATED/null@null
>> res=PENDING/null@null)[send=HttpSenderOverHTTP@18a6a063(req=QUEUED,snd=COMPLETED,failure=null)[HttpGenerator{s=START}],recv=HttpReceiverOverHTTP@636bd039(rsp=IDLE,failure=null)[HttpParser{s=CLOSED,0
>> of -1}]]]]
>> Caused by: java.io.EOFException:
>> HttpConnectionOverHTTP@45dc56cd(x:/xxx.xxx.x.xx:xxxxx <->
>> x:xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx,closed=false)[HttpChannelOverHTTP@4c6d090(exchange=HttpExchange@78d9d8fd
>> req=TERMINATED/null@null
>> res=PENDING/null@null)[send=HttpSenderOverHTTP@18a6a063(req=QUEUED,snd=COMPLETED,failure=null)[HttpGenerator{s=START}],recv=HttpReceiverOverHTTP@636bd039(rsp=IDLE,failure=null)[HttpParser{s=CLOSED,0
>> of -1}]]]
>>
>> I am not able to understand what this error implies. Can you please help
>> me
>> out here?
>>

>> --

Thanks Owain,

Is it deprecated recently? I am using 2.16 version.

Any insights on when jetty component will trigger this exception
(org.apache.camel.CamelExchangeException: JettyClient failed cause by) will
be highly helpful in understanding the issue.

This happened when I tried to connect to a java web application via
jetty:http - this doesn't happen for all requests. In fact this is the first
time I encountered this exception after using the code snippet for more than
10 days.

Re: JettyClient failed cause by: HttpConnectionOverHTTP

Posted by Owain McGuire <ow...@integration.technology>.
Hi,

My understanding is that you should not be using camel jetty as a producer since it is deprecated.

http://camel.apache.org/jetty.html <http://camel.apache.org/jetty.html>

I would suggest using http4 component (http://camel.apache.org/http4 <http://camel.apache.org/http4>) or try rest dsl for producer requests in Camel 2.19.0

O.