Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/08/28 22:30:46 UTC

Mac OS X 10.6

I have just finished installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and I am happy
to report that Pivot 1.3 applications run just fine in Safari now
(previously, Safari had been limited to Java 5).

Unfortunately, the two issues I reported to Apple a couple months ago
when they released Java for Mac OS X Update 4 still appear to be
present, but hopefully they will be resolved in a future Java update.

At least now I don't have to start up a Windows VM to test Pivot apps
in a browser.  :-)  Of course, the real test will be: does Pivot now
work in Firefox on the Mac? I haven't tested that yet...

Re: Mac OS X 10.6

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
I just tried Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.6, and the java plug-in runs as better
than it does on Safari now :-D.  That is: the applets get mouse wheel events
(they don't in Safari), and it doesn't exhibit any problems that aren't also
in Safari.

-T

Re: Mac OS X 10.6

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.