Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Robert Landrum <rl...@capitoladvantage.com> on 2002/02/18 16:25:59 UTC

Frontier::Responder question

I recently picked up Programming web services with XML-RPC.  It
mentions a module that I have yet to track down.  I am unable to find
Frontier::Responder.  O'Reilly's site mentions that Joe Johnston
wrote.  Joe makes it pretty clear that he want's you to use it in
place of Frontier::Daemon when writing mod_perl handlers, but never
gives an address of where to find it, or how to contact him for it.

The Frontier modules seem to be a little old.  Are there any other
"newer" versions that I should be using instead.  The Frontier::RPC
package was last modified in 1999.

Thanks,

Rob

--
When I used a Mac, they laughed because I had no command prompt. When
I used Linux, they laughed because I had no GUI.

Re: Frontier::Responder question

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:25:59AM -0500, Robert Landrum wrote:
> I recently picked up Programming web services with XML-RPC.  It
> mentions a module that I have yet to track down.  I am unable to find
> Frontier::Responder.  O'Reilly's site mentions that Joe Johnston
> wrote.  Joe makes it pretty clear that he want's you to use it in
> place of Frontier::Daemon when writing mod_perl handlers, but never
> gives an address of where to find it, or how to contact him for it.
>
> The Frontier modules seem to be a little old.  Are there any other
> "newer" versions that I should be using instead.  The Frontier::RPC
> package was last modified in 1999.

Check out RPC::XML.  It is very well implemented, and includes
Net::Server/HTTP::Daemon based server code, and a full client
implementation.  Highly recommended..

--
Paul Lindner    lindner@inuus.com   ||||| | | | |  |  |  |   |   |

    mod_perl Developer's Cookbook   http://www.modperlcookbook.org/