Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org> on 2022/04/24 13:23:18 UTC

Call for projects and mentors for OSPP 2022

Hi all,

Open Source Promotion Plan, OSPP[1] is open for project registration,
like Google Summer of Code. This Plan aims to encourage college students
to participate in open-source projects and make contributions.

The project idea is open from 4/21, 2022 to 5/9, 2022(UTC+8).
Apache Pulsar ended up with 6 projects seats. If you have great ideas,
please copy the following template and fill in the fields.
Once you have completed your project ideas, you can reply to this email.
We will help you register for the program. Note that One mentor can
mentor one project at a time and both mentors and students can
receive financial awards for completed projects. Only Pulsar committers
can be the mentors as asked by the OSPP.

The project can include feature catchup, ecological tool construction,
new features of the pulsar and so on.

Welcome to join the Pulsar
slack channel: #ospp-summer for asking any questions about OSPP.

[1] https://summer-ospp.ac.cn

Thanks,
Penghui

Template

Project Name:
Project Description: (at most 1000 words)
Difficulty Level:
- [ ] Basic
Project Validation Items:
Item 1:__________________________
Item 2:__________________________
Item 3:__________________________
…
Project Mentor:
Your Name:
Your Email:
Your Apache ID:

Re: Call for projects and mentors for OSPP 2022

Posted by 丛搏 <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all, here is my application:

Project Name: Support Pulsar Transaction Buffer multi snapshot
Project Description:

Now the pulsar transaction buffer is recovered by one snapshot, this
snapshot is an
entry. When the number of abort txns is too many, the size of this snapshot
will exceed the size limit of a single entry. In this case, we should
take multiple snapshots to prevent snapshots from failing to take
because the entry size limit is exceeded.

Difficulty Level:
- [ ] Basic
- [x] Advanced
Project Validation Items:
Item 1: Write a proposal to describe your design
Item 2: Implement the multi snapshot feature at the pulsar transaction buffer
and push the PR out
Item 3: Add unit tests to verify it
Item 4: Add the documentation for this feature
…
Project Mentor: Bo Cong
Your Name: Bo Cong
Your Email: bogong@apache.org
Your Apache ID: bogong

Ran Gao <rg...@apache.org> 于2022年5月6日周五 22:51写道:

Posted by Ran Gao <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yu Liu <yu...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Thanks, Dianjing! I've received the invitation email.

Posted by Dianjin Wang <dj...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Yu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hang Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yu <li...@apache.org>.
Thanks Penghui and Dianjin.

Posted by Dianjin Wang <dj...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Hi mentors,

This year's projects have been done by the students, and now they are
in the final review process. Please remember to submit mentors' comments
and review the results in the OSPP system by October 31, 24:00 (UTC+8).

Thank you!

Best,
Dianjin Wang

Posted by Dianjin Wang <dj...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.