Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net> on 2004/06/03 00:02:50 UTC

Change to GBean class loader

Currently the GBean invoker sets the thread context classloader to the
classloader that was used to load the GBean instance (typically the
URLClassLoader for the Configuration).

This takes about 50% of the end-to-end time for a local invoke and most
of the time it has no impact as the target operation does not need to
load any classes.

We plan to change this so that the classloader does not get reset every
time. If the target should need to load classes, we are going to make
the classloader available through the GBean context. This will also
avoid the permission check that determines if the class is even allowed
to set the TCL.

This will break a couple of GBeans, especially in deployment where
classes get loaded all the time - these will be changed to use the new
mechanism (get the CL from the context and set into the thread).

Cheers
Jeremy

Re: Change to GBean class loader

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
This change causes a ClassNotFoundException on JDK 1.5-beta1 on Windows;
  it works fine with 1.4.2 and 1.5-beta2.

--
Jeremy