Posted to dev@fluo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2018/03/07 20:13:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Migrate remaining astralway repos

For much of Fluo's early life, it was hosted at https://github.com/fluo-io
As many will be aware, this was renamed to https://github.com/astralway to
satisfy concerns about trademark use during Fluo's transition through the
Apache Incubator.

The astralway repo still contains some Fluo-related code repositories
(developer tools and examples), which I think should be migrated over now
that Fluo is an established top-level project and can organize itself into
multiple repos.

Specifically, I'd like to:

1. put in a request to INFRA to migrate uno and muchos (fluo-uno and
fluo-muchos, respectively; their names don't really need to change in our
everyday usage... just the repo names).
2. create a fluo-examples repository to contain phrasecount, webindex, and
stresso (and maybe quickstart, if that is still relevant)

Initially none of these repos would be "released", since they are really
just developer tools not intended for general use or (in the case of the
examples) closer to documentation. But, we could vote on releases at some
point in the future.

Please let me know if there's any objections to this community taking over
those repos formally. (If this happens, those of us maintaining astralway
can shut that down.)

Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate remaining astralway repos

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Okay, I'm revisiting this this week. All the contributors to the astralway
repos are ASF committers with ICLAs on file, so that should make any IP
CLEARANCE process easy. I've frozen the astralway repos, and will initiate
a vote thread on whether to accept the code donation to the Fluo project.
This vote can happen in parallel to the IP CLEARANCE process, which I will
also initiate.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.