Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2019/09/03 18:34:27 UTC

Training - Ofbiz

We would like to bring on some interns and create a curriculum for them
to learn Ofbiz and Spring MVC.  Are there any OfBiz online training
courses or what are some of the other technologies required to make a
good Java/OfBiz developer.

Thank you in Advance!

James

Re: Training - Ofbiz

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Hello James,

We have following OFBiz video tutorial available,
https://s.apache.org/lku2u

Along with this, the OFBiz tutorial [1] takes care of all the basic
concepts that required for an OFBiz developer.

The other technologies which are used in OFBiz and it will be good to have
basic knowledge of that are -
-- Freemarker https://freemarker.apache.org/
-- Groovy http://groovy.apache.org/
-- XML

The knowledge of J2EE helps the developer to easily adopt the concept of
OFBiz.

To summarise, if you are working with interns, the OFBiz tutorial [1] will
be a very good starting point.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide

HTH!