Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Simon Brandhof <si...@sonarsource.com> on 2009/11/13 15:53:11 UTC

Need advice to get Sonar Mojo working with Maven 3.0

Hi guys,

I'm a developer of Sonar [1] and need advices from Maven experts on Maven3
architecture.

Indeed the Sonar maven plugin [2] configures and executes on the fly other
maven plugins such as Checkstyle or Cobertura. To do that, it currently uses
the component org.apache.maven.plugin.
PluginManager, but this doesn't work anymore with Maven 3.0-alpha-3.
Executing the method executeMojo() throws an OperationNotSupportedException.

Rather than finding a simple workaround, I'd like to understand how I should
implement the Sonar plugin with the Maven3 "philosophy" in mind. To sum up
the pom must be updated at runtime and maven plugins executed in independent
contexts.
Any recommendations are welcome.

Thank you very much,
Simon

[1] http://sonar.codehaus.org
[2] http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/sonar-maven-plugin/

Simon Brandhof
SonarSource.com
twitter.com/SonarSource
twitter.com/SimonBrandhof

Re: Need advice to get Sonar Mojo working with Maven 3.0

Posted by Simon Brandhof <si...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Olivier. I'll have a look at this new component.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
What I can suggest is to have a look at the site plugin 3.x branch [1].
The class DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java use the new
MavenPluginManager to execute report plugin.
Note it's a work in progress but the most part is already here.

--
Olivier

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/branches/maven-site-plugin-3.x

2009/11/13 Simon Brandhof <si...@sonarsource.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a developer of Sonar [1] and need advices from Maven experts on Maven3
> architecture.
>
> Indeed the Sonar maven plugin [2] configures and executes on the fly other
> maven plugins such as Checkstyle or Cobertura. To do that, it currently uses
> the component org.apache.maven.plugin.
> PluginManager, but this doesn't work anymore with Maven 3.0-alpha-3.
> Executing the method executeMojo() throws an OperationNotSupportedException.
>
> Rather than finding a simple workaround, I'd like to understand how I should
> implement the Sonar plugin with the Maven3 "philosophy" in mind. To sum up
> the pom must be updated at runtime and maven plugins executed in independent
> contexts.
> Any recommendations are welcome.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Simon