Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Eric Hauser <ew...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/17 06:14:12 UTC

Metrics script

Hi,

I wrote a quick script to grab some metrics from our Flume nodes.
Thought I would share in case anyone was interested.

https://gist.github.com/1223602

The script just prints to stdout, but if you happen to use something
like graphite, you can graph them by doing:

require 'graphite'
graphite = Graphite::Logger.new('graphite_host:2003')
graphite.log(Time.now, metrics)

how to control ingestion capacity

Posted by Edward sanks <ed...@hotmail.com>.

Hi,
I am wondering if there is a way to define an upper limit of how much can be received on a particular logical flow configured? Say, can I add a decorator that says accept only 1GB and dump everything after that to /dev/null?
Thanks,Ed.

shutting a specific logical flow

Posted by Edward sanks <ed...@hotmail.com>.
How can I explicitly make a logical flow "INACTIVE"? Say I hit an upper limit on disk quota and cannot accept any more, so I want to make the channel inactive and avoid wasting bandwidth.
How can I enforce this?
Thanks,Ed.