Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2006/09/01 00:33:03 UTC

Re: Problem moving from HTTP to HTTPS

<role-name>*</role-name>  <!-- even though I have no roles configured -->

the "*" means all the roles that you have defined in web.xml, since you
haven't defined any roles in web.xml, there is nothing to authenticate,
hence its gonna deny the request

Filip

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
Thank you both.  Removing the <auth-constraint/> element quickly solved
the problem for me.  So far, I have not run into any MSIE problems with
this solution, hopefully my luck will continue.  (By default, users will
be given https:// links anyway, the redirection is only for those who
might accidentally enter via http://.)

Glen

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.