Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 2001/04/27 22:28:29 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS

gstein@apache.org wrote:
>   +    * add a pool argument to setaside() to tell a bucket "do whatever
>   +      you need to do, to ensure that you survive as long as this
>   +      pool." Immortal and heap buckets never have work. File, socket,
>   +      mmap, pipe, and pool buckets can do nothing if the given pool is
>   +      equal to, or a descendent of the pool they are using. Apache's
>   +      core_output_filter can then say "setside(conn->pool)" to ensure
>   +      that a saved brigade will last as long as the connection.

Is this going to work when called multiple times with different pools?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

ApacheCon 2001! http://ApacheCon.com/

Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > gstein@apache.org wrote:
> > >   +    * add a pool argument to setaside() to tell a bucket "do whatever
> > >   +      you need to do, to ensure that you survive as long as this
> > >   +      pool." Immortal and heap buckets never have work. File, socket,
> > >   +      mmap, pipe, and pool buckets can do nothing if the given pool is
> > >   +      equal to, or a descendent of the pool they are using. Apache's
> > >   +      core_output_filter can then say "setside(conn->pool)" to ensure
> > >   +      that a saved brigade will last as long as the connection.
> >
> > Is this going to work when called multiple times with different pools?
>
> I think it will have to.

I agree! (And the natural implementation will, I presume - though that
does require all pools to be rooted in a single one, which they are, are
they not?).

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Ben Laurie wrote:

> gstein@apache.org wrote:
> >   +    * add a pool argument to setaside() to tell a bucket "do whatever
> >   +      you need to do, to ensure that you survive as long as this
> >   +      pool." Immortal and heap buckets never have work. File, socket,
> >   +      mmap, pipe, and pool buckets can do nothing if the given pool is
> >   +      equal to, or a descendent of the pool they are using. Apache's
> >   +      core_output_filter can then say "setside(conn->pool)" to ensure
> >   +      that a saved brigade will last as long as the connection.
>
> Is this going to work when called multiple times with different pools?

I think it will have to.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131