Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Adam Gugliciello <Ad...@skila.com> on 2000/12/19 22:58:49 UTC

Have you seen my line feeds?

Hi all,

	I'm having a weird time trying to translate some text properly.

I have an XML source document that is a news article.  It has a tag for the
body text called <BODY> (creative, no?).  I'm trying to translate this to a
cleaned up XML document wherein I call it <BODY_TEXT>.

The <BODY> tag contains a number of LF terminated lines, but when I try:

<BODY_TEXT><xsl:value-of select="BODY"></BODY_TEXT>

the last word of each line gets concatenated to the first word of the next
line.  I've been unable to translate &#10; to anything to try to save it
from being stripped but to no avail.  Does anybody know what the hell is
going on?

I'm running on SunOS 5.7 using the latest Xalan 1.2.

								Thanks
								Jason