Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net> on 2006/01/30 15:59:03 UTC

Re: HELP

Pierre Faudon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you give me a little help
>
> with --lint option I have an error
> lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
> information. who seems to be an autowhite list problem. I rebuild
> whitelist.db and I got the same error !
>

> bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/
Note:  Your bayes path is a bit weird. Read the docs carefully, this
must be a path AND partial filename. It should ever end in /, and should
always end in "bayes" as a filename portion.

>From the looks of things, this is working for you anyway, so it's not
worth changing. However SA is creating /etc/mail/spamassasin/_toks
instead of /etc/mail/spamassasin/bayes_toks as a result.

Just aware that when people ask about your bayes_toks file you have a
_toks file.

See the "_toks", "_journal" and "_seen" below, those would normaly be
"bayes_seen" "bayes_toks" and "bayes_journal".
> [root@localhost log]# ls -la /etc/mail/spamassassin/
> total 4304
> drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root         4096 Jan 30 10:33 .
> drwxrwxrwx    3 root     root         4096 Sep  1 14:11 ..
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    root          935 Sep  1 14:11 init.pre
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    vscan        2088 Jan 30 10:33 _journal
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    root         2352 Jan 27 17:05 local.cf
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    root       163840 Jan 30 10:02 _seen
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    root      4554752 Jan 30 10:02 _toks
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    vscan           0 Jan 16 11:53 whitelist
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    root            0 Nov 28 10:11 _whitelist
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 vscan    root        12288 Jan 30 10:33 whitelist.db
> [root@localhost log]#

> [root@localhost log]# spamassassin -D --lint

When you run --lint, run it *WITHOUT* the -D first. I know the SARE guys
like it that way, but the -D burries the real warning in a ton of debug.
Only use -D if the plain "spamassassin --lint" isn't helpful.
<snip>
> warning: score set for non-existent rule BAYES_70
<snip>
There's your real warning.. you've got some forced score statements for
bayes rules in your config. However, in your version of SA BAYES_70
doesn't exist.

Which bayes rules exist vary from version to version as the developers
tweak the ranges. In SA 3.1.0 BAYES_60 covers everything from 60 to 80,
making BAYES_70 go away.