Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by patmcg <cm...@akimeka.com> on 2008/03/26 00:26:45 UTC

HTTP In/Out SU connection to new JMS Endpoint

Hi,

I'm trying to mask a request/response JMS service behind an HTTP Web
Service. I have this working with the "old" JMS endpoints. However my
understanding is that the "new" JMS endpoints are InOnly. Does that mean I
can not implement this type of feature using the "new" JMS endpoints?

If it really is possible, is there a recommended way to do this? If its not
possible, then I would suggest updating the documentation to notify the
users of this shortcoming.

Re: HTTP In/Out SU connection to new JMS Endpoint

Posted by patmcg <cm...@akimeka.com>.

bsnyder wrote:

> Yes, JmsProviderEndpoint provides a destinationChooser property that
> uses the SimpleDestinationChooser by default. But there is a setter
> for this property so that you can inject your own destination chooser
> if necessary. See the following for use and more detailed info:

My experience with servicemix/JMS is limited at this point. If there is an
example solution anywhere, please post a link here. Thanks.

Re: HTTP In/Out SU connection to new JMS Endpoint

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:34 PM, patmcg <cm...@akimeka.com> wrote:

>  Guillaume,
>
>  Thanks for the tip. For the JMS provider endpoint, is there a
>  destinationChooser object that will create a temporary queue and set it as
>  the replyDestination? I think the old JMS enpoint has this logic built-in.

Yes, JmsProviderEndpoint provides a destinationChooser property that
uses the SimpleDestinationChooser by default. But there is a setter
for this property so that you can inject your own destination chooser
if necessary. See the following for use and more detailed info:

http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/browse/servicemix/smx3/branches/servicemix-3.2/deployables/bindingcomponents/servicemix-jms/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/jms/endpoints/JmsProviderEndpoint.java?r=servicemix-3.2

http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/browse/servicemix/smx3/branches/servicemix-3.2/deployables/bindingcomponents/servicemix-jms/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/jms/endpoints/SimpleDestinationChooser.java?r=servicemix-3.2

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: HTTP In/Out SU connection to new JMS Endpoint

Posted by patmcg <cm...@akimeka.com>.
Guillaume,

Thanks for the tip. For the JMS provider endpoint, is there a
destinationChooser object that will create a temporary queue and set it as
the replyDestination? I think the old JMS enpoint has this logic built-in.
Thanks again.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The default marshaler for the <jms:consumer /> endpoint is configured to
create an InOnly exchange, but there is a property you can set to create
any other MEP.
Try something like:

<jms:consumer service="my:ConsumerService"
              endpoint="jbi"
              destinationName="my.queue"
              connectionFactory="#connectionFactory"
              marshaler="#marshaler" />
<bean id="marshaler" class="
org.apache.servicemix.jms.endpoints.DefaultConsumerMarshaler">
    <property name="mep" value="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out" />
</bean>

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:26 AM, patmcg <cm...@akimeka.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to mask a request/response JMS service behind an HTTP Web
> Service. I have this working with the "old" JMS endpoints. However my
> understanding is that the "new" JMS endpoints are InOnly. Does that mean I
> can not implement this type of feature using the "new" JMS endpoints?
>
> If it really is possible, is there a recommended way to do this? If its
> not
> possible, then I would suggest updating the documentation to notify the
> users of this shortcoming.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/