Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Boris Rousseau <br...@tssg.org> on 2003/07/22 11:35:32 UTC

XPath problem

Hi all,

1) I have tried the following command line XPath to query my database and both of them throw a query error

xindice xpath -c /db/rated -s "ipd=http://www.ipdr.org/namespaces/ipdr"
-q //ipd:IPDRDoc[@docId="WLAN_20030702165635+0200_539055914_1"]

xindice xpath -c /db/rated -s "ipd=http://www.ipdr.org/namespaces/ipdr"
-q //ipd:IPDRDoc[@ipd:docId="WLAN_20030702165635+0200_539055914_1"]

This is strange as the query //ipd:IPDRDoc works correctly and the docId is a copy and paste of the exact id from one of the document

Can anyone spot the error?

2) I have also tried querying the database using the Java example code provided in the developer guide
and got the following error message: "XML:DB Exception occurred 1"
I have apache running to handle the database queries but I cannot spot the problem here.

Regards,
Boris