Posted to users@maven.apache.org by swebb <sw...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/25 20:28:07 UTC

Maven 1 dependancy Problem with jnlp

Hi there,

I am using maven 1 and using the jnlp goal to generate a jnlp file and sign
the associated jar files. The problem I have is that one of the jar files is
generated by the build as well as the normal project generated jar. Because
the jar is generated it isn't in the dependancy list so the jnlp plugin
doesn't know anything about it and doesn't put a reference to it in the jnlp
file. Also I should mention I don't want to use the repository for this
generated jar.

Is there anyway for me to add the details of the dependancy as a preGoal to
the jnlp goal ? I'm new to Maven so still finding my feet. From what I
understand the dependancy information is stored in the pom.artifacts is
there any way to add to this programatically within the build script ? I saw
some code that used something called system-scope to set another existing
variable could this be used ?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Re: Maven 1 dependancy Problem with jnlp

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Hi,

You can "dynamically" change the project object from jelly, so you should be able to add that
dependency with a maven goal. I tried to find the changes I made in a maven.xml, but since I don't
work there anymore (and it's been a while, could be that maven changed it's core and doesn't allow
anymore what I did), I don't have anything left on my system to get you going.
I know it took be about an hour to get working though.

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 8/25/06, swebb <sw...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am using maven 1 and using the jnlp goal to generate a jnlp file and sign
> the associated jar files. The problem I have is that one of the jar files is
> generated by the build as well as the normal project generated jar. Because
> the jar is generated it isn't in the dependancy list so the jnlp plugin
> doesn't know anything about it and doesn't put a reference to it in the jnlp
> file. Also I should mention I don't want to use the repository for this
> generated jar.

Well this is against the maven philosophy. Plugins are built namely on
some maven concept such as the dependency mechanism.

> Is there anyway for me to add the details of the dependancy as a preGoal to
> the jnlp goal ?

No. You can still rewrite the JNLP goal in jelly with the ant
integration though.

HTH,
Stéphane

> I'm new to Maven so still finding my feet. From what I
> understand the dependancy information is stored in the pom.artifacts is
> there any way to add to this programatically within the build script ? I saw
> some code that used something called system-scope to set another existing
> variable could this be used ?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Steve

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: Maven 1 dependancy Problem with jnlp

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Note that the jnlp plugin is deprecated, it is not officially maintained
by the Maven team anymore. I don't think it's possible to do what you
want without modifying the plugin, so I'd suggest you have a look at the
source code and adapt the jelly script to your needs. If you end up with
something useful, you should attach it to JIRA [1] so other people will
be able to profit from your work!

Thanks,
-Lukas

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJNLP