Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christiaan Lamprecht <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2006/12/08 18:37:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Benchmark

I'm bench marking my ssl enabled web server and I keep getting this
error when the request rate becomes too high:

[Fri Dec 08 17:16:06 2006] [error] Re-negotiation handshake failed:
Not accepted by client!?

I am using Apache2, httperf (through the autobench tool) and
requesting a page in a directory with it's own SSLCipherSuite
directive. So when the request comes in the session security is
negotiated and then renegotiated before the file is read. This happens
for each and every request (i.e. one request per SSL session)

I've set the client timeout to a large value (so it doesn't time out
before the renegotiate and leave the server with waiting processes),
enabled the httperf ssl-no-reuse parameter to ensure that
renegotiation can occur for each connection and there's no client
authentication during the experiment.

Can anyone see a possible problem?

Many many thanks
Christiaan

[users@httpd] Re: Apache Benchmark

Posted by Christiaan Lamprecht <ch...@googlemail.com>.
If it helps, 'ps ux' command on linux shows about 600
'/work/Apache2/sbin/httpd -k start' processes (I set ServerLimit
40000, MaxClients 40000, for my prefork mpm)

and the autobench output reads:

httperf: failed to connect to SSL server (err=-1, reason=5)
httperf --timeout=60 --client=0/1 --server=cage17.lan.ac.uk
--port=8083 --uri=/secure/area/index.html --rate=30 --send-buffer=4096
--recv-buffer=16384 --ssl --ssl-no-reuse --num-conns=9000
--num-calls=1
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at ./autobench line 184.
Zero replies received, test invalid: rate 30
./autobench line 308.
./autobench line 308.
./autobench line 308.
./autobench line 308.
./autobench line 308.
./autobench line 308.
./autobench line 308.
./autobench line 308.

Many many thanks to anyone who can help!
Christiaan