Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/10 17:30:42 UTC

performance problem with remote disk on SAN

Hi there,

I am not sure if this is a Cocoon problem per se, but I thought I'd ask
in case anyone in the group has had experience with this.

I support a Cocoon application for a customer who sells it to various
third parties.

So far so good, and many successful implementations have been done.

Performance on Search results that return large rows of data >500 has
always been iffy, both due to the server taking a bit of time but also
largely due to IE6, and IE7 taking there own sweet time to render the
results.

But my question deals with a recent client who runs both the OS and the
Database of a remote disk on a SAN.

The users complain that the performance is "intermittant".

I suspect it is for large data sets but am not sure.

Any reason why being on a SAN and returning large datasets could cause
intermittancy?

thx
Paul