Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2018/03/10 13:08:38 UTC

Re: How to clear SSL State in HC4.5.5

Hello,
Any feedback on this ?

Thanks

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

UBIK LOAD PACK Web Site <http://www.ubikloadpack.com/>

UBIK LOAD PACK on TWITTER <https://twitter.com/ubikloadpack>

Re: How to clear SSL State in HC4.5.5

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2018-03-11 at 17:57 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> It looks a bit aggressive to me, but if you say it’s ok, it’s fine
> for me.
>
> So you confirm I need to keep reference to
> poolingHttpClientConnectionManager right ?
> No way from httpclient

HttpClient interface represents a generic client that may not
necessarily have a connection pool or even connection manager
internally. Coupling HttpClient interface with a specific connection
manager would force each and every HttpClient implementation to
implement that specific connection management contract as well.

Oleg

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Are we missing a getter?

Gary

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
It looks a bit aggressive to me, but if you say it’s ok, it’s fine for me.

So you confirm I need to keep reference to
poolingHttpClientConnectionManager right ?
No way from httpclient

Thanks
On Sunday, March 11, 2018, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2018-03-11 at 15:57 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> > I mean starting with a fresh sslcontext.
> > It works if I keep a ref on PoolingHttpConnectionManager and call
> >
> > poolingHttppoolingHttpClientConnectionManagerClientConnectionMan
> ager.closeExpiredConnections();

> poolingHttpClientConnectionManager.closeIdleConnections(1L,
> > TimeUnit.MICROSECONDS);
> >

> > But is there a better way ?
>
> What is so bad about using the connection manager to close out all
> persistent connections?
>
> Oleg

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: How to clear SSL State in HC4.5.5

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
I mean starting with a fresh sslcontext.
It works if I keep a ref on PoolingHttpConnectionManager and call

poolingHttpClientConnectionManager.closeExpiredConnections();
poolingHttpClientConnectionManager.closeIdleConnections(1L,
TimeUnit.MICROSECONDS);

But is there a better way ?
Thanks

Regards
On Sunday, March 11, 2018, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2018-03-10 at 14:08 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > In current jmeter trunk when we have Client certificate
> > > authentication and
> > > we need to reset SSL State so another SSLContext is created we do
> > > this:
> > > https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/trunk/src/protocol/http/org/a
> > > pache/
> > > jmeter/protocol/http/sampler/HTTPHC4Impl.java#L838
> > >

> > > We are currently migrating to last 4.5 and would like to know what
> > > is the
> > > clean way to reset SSL State ?
>
> I am not sure I understand what exactly you mean by resetting SSL
> state.
>
> Oleg
>

> > > Since httpClient.getConnectionManager() is deprecated.
> > > Should we keep a reference to PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager
> > > and call
> > > those methods on it ?
> > >
> > > Current state of migration is here:
> > >
> > >    - https://github.com/ubikloadpack/jmeter/blob/HC4_
> > >    FULL_MIGRATION/src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/
> > >    protocol/http/sampler/HTTPHC4Impl.java#L973
> > >    <https://github.com/ubikloadpack/jmeter/blob/HC4_FULL_MIGRATION/
> > > src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/sampler/HTTPHC4Im
> > > pl.java#L973>
> > >

> > > To recap, in JMeter we have 1 HttpClient per User (and this is
> > > needed as
> > > per a previous discussion on this mailing list).
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > > --
> > > Regards.
> > > Philippe M.