Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk> on 2006/09/05 06:53:06 UTC

Re: Getting a reference to a remote EJB

Hi Vimalan,

This is a problem in the Geronimo 1.1 version. According to the
community it did work for Geronimo 1.0 and not with 1.1. They are hoping
to fix this issue in v 1.1.1. If I am wrong hope somebody in community
will correct me.

I haven't come across version as you mentioned in Geronimo. Can you
please explain how did you get this version of Geronimo ?

Regards,
Lasantha Ranaweera

Posted by Arunanthisivam Vimalathithen <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, I have done all this (parent ear being deployed and started, indicated
as parent through the parent ID, etc) and experimented with the EJb syntax
as well, but all of that does not seem to be working.

- Vimalan

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@gmail.com>.
If  you want to set EAR  "one" to be a parent of (G 1.0) or dependency of (G
1.1)
EAR "two".  That should ensure that EAR " one" is started first and that the
EJB classes in EAR " one" are exposed to the components running in EAR "two
".

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.
Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
> Hi Vimalan,
>
> This is a problem in the Geronimo 1.1 version. According to the
> community it did work for Geronimo 1.0 and not with 1.1. They are
> hoping to fix this issue in v 1.1.1. If I am wrong hope somebody in
> community will correct me.
>
> I haven't come across version as you mentioned in Geronimo. Can you
> please explain how did you get this version of Geronimo ?
>
> Regards,
> Lasantha Ranaweera
>
> Arunanthisivam Vimalathithen wrote:
>> Hi Lasantha,
>>
>> Many thanks for your feedback on the MDB problem. I hope you can
>> provide me insight to another problem I am facing. I need to get a
>> reference to a remote EJB deployed in one EAR from another EJB
>> deployed in another EAR. I have tried adding a target-name tag in the
>> ejb-ref tag in the openejb-jar.xml and refered to the GBean to
>> identify the EJB but that also fails. However deployment proceeds
>> properly if I pakage the jar containing the EJB in the same EAR. I am
>> using geronimo 1.0.1.2 <http://1.0.1.2>.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> Vimalan

That looks like the version for WebSphere Community Edition.  It is
based on Geronimo 1.0.

Jay