Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/14 01:59:20 UTC

About isa-l installation in docker image for building

The docker images on our trunk are very useful when building the native
code for hadoop, it really helped me a lot.

But when using the Centos 7 image, I found that the final dist does not
have isa-l support, then I realized that only the default Dockerfile(which
is Ubuntu) and the Dockerfile for debian have isa-l installed. We do not
install isa-l for Centos 7, Centos 8 and aarch64.

I tried to install isa-l in the docker image and build hadoop, it could
successfully build the native hadoop library with isa-l support.

So here I want to know, is this difference(i.e, installing isa-l for Ubuntu
and Debian but not for Centos) intentional, or just a simple typo so we can
add it also to the Centos Dockerfile?

Thanks.

Re: About isa-l installation in docker image for building

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Ayush.

Let me file an issue.

Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com> 于2021年10月14日周四 下午1:26写道: