Posted to cli-dev@httpd.apache.org by Tonko Juricic <to...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/13 01:15:36 UTC

More dirty tricks (VC 8 and Framework 2.0.40607)

>From what I could find on the Web, it is questionable
if managed C++ will support jagged arrays.

VC8 simply won't compile managed C++ method returning
String[][].

So I tried the following quick and dirty trick which
worked on my machine:

_gcA_gcA_gcString.cs now has a new class:

public class CSWorkerRequest :
System.Web.Hosting.SimpleWorkerRequest
{
  protected _gcA_gcA_gcString unk_req_hdr_arr;

 public CSWorkerRequest( String page, String query,
System.IO.TextWriter output ) :
base(page,query,output)
 {
 }

 public override String[][] GetUnknownRequestHeaders()
 {
   return unk_req_hdr_arr.Value();
 }
}

WorkerRequest.h loses

virtual String __gc * GetUnknownRequestHeaders(void)
__gc[]__gc[] method

and

_gcA_gcA_gcString *unk_req_hdr_arr;

member and is derived from CSWorkerRequest.

Tony

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: More dirty tricks (VC 8 and Framework 2.0.40607)

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Tonko Juricic"

> public class CSWorkerRequest :
> System.Web.Hosting.SimpleWorkerRequest
> {

I said a long time ago,
for .NET 1.1 just load
the CLR then load all
assemblies from there...

Jeff

Re: More dirty tricks (VC 8 and Framework 2.0.40607)

Posted by Tonko Juricic <to...@yahoo.com>.
--- "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/bakerdozen.asp

> Thought that might get some other's attention, I
> can't delve until sometime over the new year
> holiday.

Gasp...choke.. Jezus! This is getting worse and worse!

Though, I have to admit that String * syntax was
confusing. You had to remember: this is capital S
String.

AFAIC, I am glad that there are no immediate grave
dangers to running aspx under Apache and wish
everybody merry holidays...I'm going to take a break
too.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 06:15 PM 12/12/2004, Tonko Juricic wrote:
>>From what I could find on the Web, it is questionable
>if managed C++ will support jagged arrays.

IIUC - Managed VC++ 7.0 did not (I spent days beating my head
against this unyielding wall.)  I have heard and been told that
it did in fact support jaggy arrays VC 7.1 and later.

Note that VS studio 2005 - many, many things have changed;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/bakerdozen.asp

Thought that might get some other's attention, I can't delve until
sometime over the new year holiday.

Bill