Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> on 2017/05/01 21:27:41 UTC

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

I didn't close JIRAs after the 3.0.0-alpha1 or alpha2 releases since
closing makes the JIRAs read-only. This makes it more annoying to backport
to older releases and for concurrent releases in general.

I believe I asked about this on dev-yetus a while back. I'd prefer that the
presence of the fix version be sufficient to indicate whether a JIRA is
included in a release branch. Yetus requires that the JIRA be resolved as
"Fixed" to show up, which is why we are in our current situation.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
Can we wait for 2.7.4 first? There are still backports happening to
branch-2.7. After that, there shouldn't be many backports since both 2.8.x
and 2.7.x will be up-to-date with what's in 3.0.0-alpha1 and 3.0.0-alpha2.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>
wrote:

> > On May 1, 2017, at 2:27 PM, Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> > I believe I asked about this on dev-yetus a while back. I'd prefer that
> the presence of the fix version be sufficient to indicate whether a JIRA is
> included in a release branch. Yetus requires that the JIRA be resolved as
> "Fixed" to show up, which is why we are in our current situation.
>
>         We can't do this because Hadoop is the only one that I've seen
> that sets Fix version at close time.  Everyone else is setting fix version
> in place of target (which is a custom field, iirc).
>
> Let's see if I can revive the discussion over on a yetus list/jira. I
think it's easier to add a new flag to Yetus than changing the Hadoop JIRA
workflow, and it seems like this issue is becoming more acute.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Re: About 2.7.4 Release

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.