Posted to user@wink.apache.org by Jesus Mireles <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 22:25:25 UTC

Wink and EJB

I have a question regarding the support for EJB and Wink.  My current setup
is Websphere 7.0 and would like to have a Local EJB exposed as a REST
service.  I have been trying to do research and some posts around the web
say Wink does not support EJB but I would like to see official
documentation saying that.  I was able to get this to work by overriding
the getSingletons() method in my Application class.  I do my lookup there
but now all the EJBs will behave like singletons with the same EJBContext.
 So now I wont be able to add security roles to methods.

I found that RESTEasy has a context-param setting called
resteasy.jndi.resources which you can provide comma delimited list of the
EJB JNDI endpoints.  I have not really tried this to see if the behavior is
like a singleton or if a lookup will be done every time someone invokes a
resource.  Does Wink have something similar to this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesus Mireles