Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Anderson <da...@calixo.net> on 2004/10/06 13:41:24 UTC

French l10n for Subversion

Hi,

Perusing the archives of this list, I see that an effort to produce the
French l10n for svn was underway. What has become of it? I see no fr.po
in the trunk/, and no activity concerning this translation. A friend and
I are willing to do and maintain this translation, but we'd like to
avoid duplicating efforts.

Does anyone know what became of fr.po ?

-dave

Re: French l10n for Subversion

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> Hello Dave,
>
> David Anderson wrote:
> > Perusing the archives of this list, I see that an effort to produce the
> > French l10n for svn was underway. What has become of it? I see no fr.po
> > in the trunk/, and no activity concerning this translation. A friend and
> > I are willing to do and maintain this translation, but we'd like to
> > avoid duplicating efforts.
> >
> > Does anyone know what became of fr.po ?
>
> Yes, we never got it off the ground.  We had started standardizing on
> terms.  We were three, and none of us had a Linux machine to create the
> PO file on.

I know you said things died on their own, but still, also in response to
Luebbe's mail, I set up a subversion.pot server which updates its pot file
hourly. See my most recent addition to TRANSLATING.

> See or checkout http://opensvn.csie.org/svnfr/ for the current status.
> Use username 'anonymous' and password 'nopass'.

bye,

Erik.

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Re: French l10n for Subversion

Posted by François Beausoleil <fb...@ftml.net>.
Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2004-10-06 10:24:11 -0400, François Beausoleil wrote:
>
>>David Anderson wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know what became of fr.po ?
>>
>>Yes, we never got it off the ground. We had started standardizing on
>>terms. We were three, and none of us had a Linux machine to create
>>the PO file on.
>

> I work under Linux, and I sent the fr.po file to Julien on July 28.

You know what ?  I never even noticed it was committed to opensvn on
2004-08-10.  Anyway, now that it's there, I will setup my environment to
work on this.

Erik Huelsmann wrote:
 > I know you said things died on their own, but still, also in response
 > to Luebbe's mail, I set up a subversion.pot server which updates its
 > pot file hourly. See my most recent addition to TRANSLATING.

Erik, I'll make sure to read TRANSLATING anew.

Thanks for the work everyone.

Bye !
François

Re: French l10n for Subversion

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.

Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>

Re: French l10n for Subversion

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.
On 2004-10-06 14:13:52 -0400, François Beausoleil wrote:
> I understand, but the two other people with whom I was having a
> discussion about the FR translation were pretty busy,

Yes, I'm still busy, at least for several weeks.

Posted by Loïc Joly <lo...@wanadoo.fr>.
Switching to French, since this message is only for french speaking
people, and it will be easier to me.

Bonjour,

Je me suis proposé il y a peu pour participer à la traduction française
de subversion. Pour l'instant, je n'ai eu aucun retour, et j'aimerais
savoir si une nouvelle organisation est en train de se mettre en place.

Merci,

--
Loïc

Re: French l10n for Subversion

Posted by Loïc Joly <lo...@wanadoo.fr>.
François Beausoleil wrote:

> Anyway, I'll be working with David now.

As I said recently on the list, I am willing to participate to this
translation too.

--
Loïc

Re: French l10n for Subversion

Posted by François Beausoleil <fb...@ftml.net>.

Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:24:11 -0400, François Beausoleil
> <fb...@ftml.net> wrote:
 >
>>Yes, we never got it off the ground.  We had started standardizing on
>>terms.  We were three, and none of us had a Linux machine to create the
>>PO file on.
>
> I'm sorry to hear so. I was not aware that this was such a big
> obstacle for you. If you'd mailed the list about this, maybe something
> could have been done about it...

I understand, but the two other people with whom I was having a
discussion about the FR translation were pretty busy, and things died of
their own accord...

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by François Beausoleil <fb...@ftml.net>.

David Anderson wrote:
>> See or checkout http://opensvn.csie.org/svnfr/ for the current status.
>> Use username 'anonymous' and password 'nopass'.
>
> Okay, thanks for the pointer. Are you still interested in participating
> in the translation effort?

Yup !

Count me in.  We're two, so we can be approved to add the necessary
translations to the svn repository.

Let's go off-list to discuss.

Bye !
François