Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com> on 2011/12/28 02:51:42 UTC

Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

All:

I've cut an early RC of flume-1.0.0-incubating. This is *not* yet ready for
a vote as there's at least one maven issue left to be worked out and it's
still a SNAPSHOT. That said, I would like feedback so we can knock out any
remaining issues.

tarball:
http://people.apache.org/~esammer/flume/flume-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-incubating-rc1.tar.gz
GPG signature:
http://people.apache.org/~esammer/flume/flume-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-incubating-rc1.tar.gz.asc
md5sum:
http://people.apache.org/~esammer/flume/flume-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-incubating-rc1.tar.gz.md5sum

Place to file JIRAs: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME (use
affectsVersion = v1.0.0 please).

Thanks.
--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Also, don't get discouraged. Getting the first release out at the ASF is always a challenge. But once you get the release process down subsequent ones will be much easier - especially if you document the exact process for Flume on the wiki.

Ralph

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Oh. I could have sworn I did it. Sorry.

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Have you published your key on id.apache.org? (it's relatively new)
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/https_id_apache_org_new
that might be what's pushing it over for some people.

also see this, looks relatively up to date/succinct:
http://incubator.apache.org/isis/docbkx/html/guide/apas05.html

Patrick

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Also, the KEYS can be found at:

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: Flume (NG) 1.0.0 rc1

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Here's a filter for things required to knock out before the next RC. Please
help test / file / fix!

http://bit.ly/tFBDyW

Thanks.

--