Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by estade <es...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/28 15:39:12 UTC

Generating openwire marshallers

Hi,

Is there still a way to generate the openwire marshallers in
activemq-core? The comments about using openwire:generate seem a
couple years out of date, and I have tried antrun:run but this
does not appear to work in that it does not re-generate the files in
openwire/v*/. I am using activemq-5.1.0 code.

--
Evan Stade

Re: Generating openwire marshallers

Posted by Evan Stade <es...@gmail.com>.

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Make sure you JAVA_HOME points to a JDK install.
>
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Evan Stade <es...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hiram Chirino wrote:
>>>
>>> Try using the following target in the activemq-core module:
>>>
>>> mvn generate-sources -P openwire-generate
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Hiram
>>>
>>> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>>>
>>> Open Source SOA
>>> http://open.iona.com
>>>

>> Thanks for the help. However that target gives an ant build error:
>>
>> "[INFO] Error executing ant tasks
>>
>> Embedded error:
>> org.codehaus.jam.internal.javadoc.JavadocClassloadingException: An error
>> has
>> occurred while invoking javadoc to inspect your source
>> files.  This may be due to the fact that $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar does
>> not seem to be in your system classloader.  One common case in which
>> this happens is when using the 'ant' tool, which uses a special
>> context classloader to load classes from tools.jar. [...]"
>>
>> (This also occurs on a fresh checkout of 5.1.0.) I'm not sure what the
>> problem could be, and unfortunately I'm not very familiar with ant/maven.
>> ActiveMQ builds and installs fine otherwise.
>>
>> -------
>> Evan Stade
>>
>> --

> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>
> Open Source SOA
> http://open.iona.com

Thanks for the help. The problem seems to be Java 6. I tried it under Java
5* and it worked. It still crashed when trying to make java docs but the
openwire marshallers in v3 were generated just fine.

*Sun java 5 worked but GCJ java 5 didn't.

-------

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Make sure you JAVA_HOME points to a JDK install.

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Evan Stade <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
>>
>> Try using the following target in the activemq-core module:
>>
>> mvn generate-sources -P openwire-generate
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Hiram
>>
>> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>>
>> Open Source SOA
>> http://open.iona.com
>>

> Thanks for the help. However that target gives an ant build error:
>
> "[INFO] Error executing ant tasks
>
> Embedded error:
> org.codehaus.jam.internal.javadoc.JavadocClassloadingException: An error has
> occurred while invoking javadoc to inspect your source
> files.  This may be due to the fact that $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar does
> not seem to be in your system classloader.  One common case in which
> this happens is when using the 'ant' tool, which uses a special
> context classloader to load classes from tools.jar. [...]"
>
> (This also occurs on a fresh checkout of 5.1.0.) I'm not sure what the
> problem could be, and unfortunately I'm not very familiar with ant/maven.
> ActiveMQ builds and installs fine otherwise.
>
> -------
> Evan Stade

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Generating openwire marshallers

Posted by Evan Stade <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:39 AM, estade <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there still a way to generate the openwire marshallers in
> activemq-core? The comments about using openwire:generate seem a
> couple years out of date, and I have tried antrun:run but this
> does not appear to work in that it does not re-generate the files in
> openwire/v*/. I am using activemq-5.1.0 code.
>
> --
> Evan Stade

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com