Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/09 16:10:34 UTC

[email] release 1.3?

Hi,

the last release of email is already some time ago (2009-10-26), but
there are lots of changes in trunk that would be worthwhile to be released:

 * 21 bugfixes
 * 8 new features

Additionally, the trunk has been upgraded to JDK 1.5 and all checkstyle
warnings have been fixed (2 remaining findbugs warnings though).

The warnings reported by Clirr are safe and binary compatibility with
the 1.2 release has been verified already.

Afaik, there was an attempt to release 1.3 a few months ago, but it was
not successful due to reasons I am not aware of.

So, what do you think?

Thomas

Re: [email] release 1.3?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Sounds good to me!

Re: [email] release 1.3?

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 12/09/2012 08:49 PM, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I would be very happy if someone would push a release ... :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> For the records :
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@commons.apache.org/msg31265.html

Hi Siegfried,

ok good to know. I found this post before, and the issues mentioned
there should already be resolved.

I will try to make a RC4 the coming days.

Thomas

Re: [email] release 1.3?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at>.
Hi Thomas,