Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2016/03/15 20:50:05 UTC

[compress] 1.11 RC in about two weeks?

Hi all

it looks as if we had a decent set of changes for a new release. There
are a few ongoing things that I know of, but haven't got a clear idea of
when they might be done:

* Damjan's changes to allow for non-File reading of ZIP (and with some
  effort of 7zip archives) - COMPRESS-327

* Bear's work on traditional zip encryption (and hints of him working on
  WinZIP AES :-)

* a bunch of minor tar issues - COMPRESS-338 - I might give it a try,
  depends on how long the next point will take.

* I've been looking into the Brotli spec and would like to provide
  read-only support

Anything else?

I'd be willing to cut a release candidate if any or all of these items
haven't been finished.

Is there anything I can do to make the RC process a little less painful
(for the one building the release :-). Building the site and publishing
it somewhere for example (but please don't ask me to sftp 1000+ files to
the new home.apache.org space)?

Stefan

Re: [compress] 1.11 RC in about two weeks?

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 28/03/2016 11:15, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :

> The site looks good to me.

+1

Emmanuel

Re: [compress] 1.11 RC in about two weeks?

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> schrieb am So., 27. März 2016 um
18:50 Uhr:

> Hi all
>
> I don't intend to change anything in master before the 1.11 release
> anymore, so I've created a snapshot site at
> http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/ that you can use to
> look at the reports.

The site looks good to me.

Benedikt

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2016-03-15, Gary Gregory wrote:

> I'd rather see us RERO than wait longer.

that's why I set the two week horizon to keep me from procrastinaing
further :-)

> WRT 1000+ files, can you zip 'em all and then unzip them on the target? Can
> we no longer SSH in?

AFAIK no, we can't. It's sftp only (and sftp doesn't support recursive
operations).

Stefan

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Oh neat, I didn't know fuse was ported to OS X.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [compress] 1.11 RC in about two weeks?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>