Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Kamesh <ka...@imaginea.com> on 2011/10/17 15:25:48 UTC

Application/Job is hanging! validate

Hi All,
  I submitted an application to YARN. But there are no containers
available. In this case job got hanged indefinitely.
  I reproduced this in a pseudo cluster mode with the following steps.

Steps to reproduce

1) let the amount of memory the MR app master needs be 2GB.
2) let the Nodemanager's capability be 1GB.

In the above case, no of available containers is 0 and so the job could
not able to get a chance to run due to containers unavailability.

Please validate the above case.

--
Thanks&Regards,
Bh.V.S.Kamesh.

Re: Application/Job is hanging! validate

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Aaron T. Myers <at...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> This sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2324manifested in MR2 to me. Should we perhaps update the "affects versions"
> field there?

Never mind. I just found
MAPREDUCE-2723<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2723>
.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Application/Job is hanging! validate

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
This sounds like

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Kamesh,