Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Robert Slifka <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 01:33:26 UTC

"Standard" HTTP logging stack? (0.9.3 => 1.2 Upgrade)

Hi all,

Simple HTTP access.log aggregation case here.  Front ends running Apache
needing to aggregate/sink all access.log data to S3.

Right now we're on OG 0.9.3:

nginx => access.log => tailSource => Collector => S3

For 1.2, I was under the impression we would simplify and move to:

Apache => Syslog => Agent…Agent => S3.

However it looks like Apache can only Syslog the error.log.  Am I missing
something?

What's the recommended 'standard' setup?

Thanks guys,

Rob

Re: "Standard" HTTP logging stack? (0.9.3 => 1.2 Upgrade)

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
It's possible you could use the exec source and tail -F but personally I
would use either the Flume 1.3 RC (until it's released).

Posted by Robert Slifka <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brock,

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.