Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> on 2015/11/25 16:25:39 UTC

Fixing differences in solr/CHANGES.txt between 5x and trunk

I ran into some large differences in solr/CHANGES.txt between 5x and
trunk that made it difficult to patch 5x with a diff from trunk.  I
compared them several days ago, and found a rather large number of
differences, particularly in the 5.4.0 section, but there were other
differences in sections further down.

The differences that I found previously in the 5.4.0 section are no
longer present.  Thank you to whoever cleaned those up, because it
eliminates most of the potential impact to ongoing work from what I'm
proposing:

I'd like to review the differences I found, make sure that 5x file is
correct, then completely replace everything after the 6.0 section in the
trunk file with the 5x file.

I'm thinking this change doesn't need an issue, but I'd like some guidance.

Here's a patch file showing what differences (other than the 6.0
section) currently exist:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/458k4xzkkli4rhj/solr-changes.patch?dl=0

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Fixing differences in solr/CHANGES.txt between 5x and trunk

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
This will undoubtedly help with making release notes, but please do
track it in a ticket.

Thanks!