Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Rogers <sh...@netscape.net> on 2002/06/28 19:00:55 UTC

AdminClient generation of server-config.wsdd file for Tomcat4.0.4

Hi,

under previous postings to this group I have found that the instructions
that had been given for generating a server-config.wsdd file for
Tomcat4.0.4 to be confusing.

Several posting have said to run:

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://yourhostname:yourport#/axis/services/AdminServices deploy.wsdd

Maybe this was a change from one version to the other of Axis?

This did not work for me under the following environment:

W2K
Axis - build# 2002-06-24
Tomcat4.0.4
j2sdk1.4.0

I had to do and run the following:

(1) java org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer -p 8080

(2) Deploy each app from the axis samples that I wanted to run under Tomcat.

such as:
from the XML_AXIS_INSTALL_ROOT/samples/echo dir.
java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd

after deploying the apps I wanted to run I did the following

(3) java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://yourhostname:yourport#/axis/services/AdminServices
server-config.wsdd

(4) copy the file server-config.wsdd to
TOMCAT_INSTALL_ROOT/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/

You will find the server-config.wsdd file in the dir that you ran the
command to generate it.

(5) Quit the application:
java org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer -p 8080

(6) Start up Tomcat on port 8080 for this example.

(7) You should be able to then point your browser at:
http://localhost:yourport#/axis/servlet/AxisServlet

And get a listing of the services that are deployed.

This worked for me.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

-J