Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by "Stewart, Ian" <ia...@kcl.ac.uk> on 2016/11/07 16:21:35 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Stanbol 1.0.0 RC0

Hi. Did this get released? Will the Apache stanbol homepage be updated? I am not a developer, and have build problems with both 0.12 and this build, so I am rather hoping that a pre-compiled version will be released.

On 2016-10-17 09:53 (+0100), Fabian Christ wrote:
> Hi,>
>
> thanks for the release. To be honest, I did not check it because lack>
> of time. Just one remark for future releases.>
>
> We do not vote on SVN tags as these may change. The vote is binding>
> for the release source package that is prepared by the release>
> maintainer and archived in the Apache archives. This and only this>
> package is the reference for the release.>
>
> The fact that there is an SVN tag to the same sources is nice but>
> technically not binding or necessary.>
>
> Best,>
> Fabian>

> > I am having problems building the package. I will investigate and report>
> > before tomorrow.>
> >>
> > Cheers,>
> > Andreas>
> > --->
> >>

> > Rafa Haro wrote:>
> >> Hi devs,>
> >>>
> >> Please vote on wether to release Apache Stanbol 1.0.0 RC0. This is the>
> >> first 1.x.x release and the first release since version 0.12 (more than 2>
> >> years ago). Therefore, it is not easy to summarize all the changes since>
> >> then. Please refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL for an>
> >> exhaustive list of issues fixed in this version.>
> >>>
> >> The release source code can be found at the following tag:>
> >>>
> >> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/tags/apache-stanbol-1.0.0/>
> >>>
> >> The release includes the complete Apache Stanbol stack with all components.>
> >> The release artifacts are staged at:>
> >>>
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestanbol-1009/>
> >>>
> >> and the source packages here:>
> >>>
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stanbol/1.0.0/>
> >>>
> >> You can check the staged Maven artifacts using the script in 'releasing'>
> >> ./check_staged_release.sh 1009 [tmp-directory]>
> >>>
> >> PGP release singing keys are available at:>
> >>>
> >> https://people.apache.org/keys/group/stanbol.asc>
> >>>
> >> The vote will be open for 72 hours>
> >>>

> -- >
> Fabian>
> http://twitter.com/fctwitt>

Sent from my iPad

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Stanbol 1.0.0 RC0

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>.
Hi Ian,

Yes, It is already uploaded to Apache's distribution repo. I just had not
the time to upgrade the webpage yet. I will do it during the day and let
you know here. Anyway, we don't release binaries distributions yet, that is
something still under discussion due to the special nature of the Stanbol
launchers. Therefore, I'm afraid you still would need to build the project
but we can help you with that. Initially, all you need to setup is Java 8
and Maven 3.x

Regards