Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nitin Khandelwal <ni...@germinait.com> on 2011/02/16 14:59:53 UTC

Map Task Fails.........

Hi,
I am using Hadoop 0.21.0. I am getting Exception as
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:249) Caused by:
java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 1. at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:236)
when i am trying to run Map Red. This error comes in one of the slaves (
which is also master in my case) . Cam any body tell why i may be getting
this?

Nitin Khandelwal

Re: Map Task Fails.........

Posted by Nitin Khandelwal <ni...@germinait.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for taking time to  read my mail. Actually i get error only in master
which is both master and slave . If i try to run only on one machine (
master and slave itself)  then also i get error

--

Nitin Khandelwal

Re: Map Task Fails.........

Posted by madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com>.