Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2007/12/15 09:27:54 UTC

Re: Task (WorkEffort) Statuses, another view

I thought more about it and like to present a different approach for the
status on a task.

To allow for many approval authorities:
Anybody who need to approve the task will be a performer with a
appropriate roleTypeId

the status on a task is largely system controlled (1-4):

1: unassigned 	-> the task has no performers
2: assigned 	-> the task has one or more performers
3. in-progress 	-> at least one performer has registered
				 time on the task
4. completed	-> all attached performers have set their
			status to completed
5. onHold	-> the projectmanager can set this status and
			can be set back to status 1-3
6. cancelled	-> again can be set by the projectmanager

Internally in the system the status is as follows:
1. created (further specified by the system as stated above)
2. completed
3. cancelled
4. onhold

what is the opinion of the community?

Regards,
Hans

Re: Task (WorkEffort) Statuses, any further comments?

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Can I ask the community to check the last project Task status proposal?
If there are no further comments i will implement the proposal below in
a couple of days in the special component 'project manager'

The final proposal about the project task status was:

The status on a task is largely system controlled (1-4) and user controlled (5-6):
1: unassigned 	-> the task has no performers and has not started.
2: assigned 	-> the task has one or more performers but has still not started
3. in-progress 	-> at least one performer has registered, the task is started
				 time on the task
4. completed	-> all attached performers have set their assign
			status to completed
5. onHold	-> the projectmanager can set this status and
			can be set back to status 1-3
6. cancelled	-> again can be set by the projectmanager

The status of the assignment of a party to the task is manual
controlled:
1. assigned	-> the task is assigned to the party with
			from/thru dates to show when active
2. completed	-> the party has done his part (work,approval,
		  test etc) on the task and has indicated he is ready.

--
http://Antwebsystems.com : OFBiz Quality support for competitive rates.

Re: Task (WorkEffort) Statuses, another view

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I like it, though maybe I would prefer labelling onHold to reviewing.

No end task status (resolved, closed)?  Is it managed at the project or phase level ?

Jacques

De : "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>