Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Micah Dubinko <md...@snapbridge.com> on 2004/11/26 22:09:46 UTC

[RT] Add 'helpwanted' keyword to bugzilla

I've noticed that shortly (often only hours, or less) after some
outstanding task is mentioned on the mailing list, someone steps up and
does it. It's impressive.

Still, taking a hint from Mozilla's bugzilla, I wonder if it would make
sense to add a "helpwanted" keyword to the tracking system.

I could be completely wrong, but it seems like quite a few bugs are
currently assigned to 'dev@cocoon.apache.org', which I take to mean that
they haven't been deeply looked at/claimed yet.

Like in Mozilla, 'helpwanted' would mean that someone has looked at it
and determined that they won't be able to get to in in the relative near
term, that is, an explicit invitation to help out. It would encourage
new people to jump in and help. It would also provide a deeper level of
information than mail list messages which can be hard to follow due to
volume. Longer term, it would be interesting to track the counts and
lifecycles of 'helpwanted' bugs.

WDYT?

.micah