Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jason Novotny <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/27 07:09:48 UTC

distributed session handling with redis

Hi,

I googled and found a discussion on using redis to handle sessions, and
someone also came up with a project
https://github.com/baholladay/WicketRedisSession.

Based on the thread
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/wicket-dev/201502.mbox/%3C54E4CFEE.80203@gmail.com%3E
I wound up using spring-session with redis as per
http://docs.spring.io/spring-session/docs/current/reference/html5/guides/httpsession.html

I see I would also need to modify the page manager provider-- is it
sufficient to add the following, or is there more to do?

setPageManagerProvider(newDefaultPageManagerProvider(this) {
     protectedIDataStore newDataStore() {
         return newHttpSessionDataStore(getPageManagerContext(),newPageNumberEvictionStrategy(20));
     }
});

Thanks, Jason