Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chui-Hui Chiu <cc...@tigers.lsu.edu> on 2013/11/10 23:37:44 UTC

Cannot start Data Node and Node Manager in Hadoop 2.2.0

Hello,

I tried several times but cannot get the Data Node and Node Manager started
in my Hadoop 2.2.0 cluster.  The cluster has 3 machines.  The machines are
named master, slave1, and slave2.

If I start the Name Node then Data Nodes, the Data Nodes immediately
terminate.  If I start the Data Nodes then the Name Node, the Data Nodes
immediately terminate after the Name Node starts.

I never successfully get the Node Manager started.

The followings are my configuration files.  Is there anything wrong?

===
In slaves,

slave1
slave2

===
In core-site.xml,

<property>
    <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
    <value>hdfs://master:9000</value>
  </property>

===
In hdfs-site.xml,

No change

===
In mapred-site.xml,

<property>
   <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
   <value>yarn</value>
 </property>

===
In yarn-site.xml,

  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address</name>
    <value>master:9001</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address</name>
 <value>master:9002</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.address</name>
<property>
 <name>yarn.resourcemanager.admin.address</name>
 <value>master:9004</value>

Many thanks,
Chui-hui

Re: Cannot start Data Node and Node Manager in Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Manish Bhoge <ma...@rocketmail.com>.
Please send the log. Otherwise there are couple of fix you can try.
- Whenever data node start it connect to namenode. Check if your datanode is connecting to NN. It might have port conflict issue.
- other very common problem is file locking problem when starting namenode. You might have started NN before which would have made locks. So remove lock file and may be format NN.
- However refrain of formatting NN frequently.

Send logs ..

Sent from Rocket Mail via Android

Re: Cannot start Data Node and Node Manager in Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by chandler song <ch...@gmail.com>.
do you find any information from log?

Posted by chandler song <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandler song <ch...@gmail.com>.