Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ajay brar <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/03 04:19:17 UTC

file not found

hi!
i am a new struts user.
i am having the following problem
when i click on a link that is supposed to perform an action and either
return an error or success, it says fileTransfer.do not found
here is my link

my struts-config.xml is

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.1//EN"
          "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd">

<struts-config>

     <!-- ========== Global Forward Definitions
============================== -->

     <global-forwards>
    	<forward   name="success"	path="/fileTransfer.jsp"/>
    	<forward   name="error"	        path="/fileTransfer.jsp"/>
     </global-forwards>

     <!-- ========== Action Mapping Definitions
============================== -->

     <action-mappings>
     <!-- Process a fileTransfer -->
     	<action    path="/fileTransfer"
	           type="FileTransferAction"
	           scope="request"
              	   input="fileTransfer"/>

     </action-mappings>

     <controller>
     <!-- The "input" parameter on "action" elements is the name of a
     local or global "forward" rather than a module-relative path -->
     <set-property property="inputForward" value="true"/>
     </controller>

     <!-- ========== Message Resources Definitions
=========================== -->

     <message-resources
    	parameter="ApplicationResources"/>

</struts-config>

FileTransferAction is in WEB-INF/classes
the program works fine at home where i'm using tomcat 5.0 (the one that
comes with java web services developer's pack)
however when i upload it to my hosting service provider, www,eroute.net
(which uses Tomcat 4.1.24), i get the File Not Found Error
the file can be seen at
www.ajaybrar.net/projectv2

thanks a lot
ajay

Re: file not found

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Is your webapp actually deployed (as opposed to simply uploading the files)
on that server? It seems like Struts is not running or your web.xml is
messed up if the server is not forwarding *.do requests to the Struts
ActionServlet.

-Max