Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@btconnect.com> on 2006/05/22 14:43:19 UTC

filtering tomcat logging using default logging configuration

I have a web application which is using a library which is generating too many
messages.  These are routed to catalina.out and all come from a particular
producer (org.jgroups. is the prefix).

I do not want to rework the logging to use log4j or the like, but I would like
to suppress these WARN messages for this prefix.  I guess I need to modify
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/logging.properties, but what do I need to add?

I have read the Tomcat 5.5 logging page, but I am none the wiser as that
does not seem to give any examples of filtering non-Tomcat messages.

Thanks

David

Re: tomcat textbook

Posted by BrunoMLuque <br...@gmail.com>.
Gaël Lams wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I am new to tomcat server, eventhough the tomcat has online
>> documentation, i wud  like to follow a textbook . I am not sure which
>> book covers about tomcat from basic to advanced level.
>> Can any of you send me the author name with the title of the book?
>
> If you search the list, you will find a reference to book from Wrox
>
> Regards,
>
> Gaël
Hi, depends on what you're looking for, from a system and network
administrators point on view I would recommend   Tomcat: The Definitive
Guide from O'Reilly.

Cheers!  =)(=
Bruno

Re: tomcat textbook

Posted by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: tomcat textbook

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Steve Lianoglou wrote:
> Just a suggestion, one mailing list I'm on has that and I wonder why
> everyone doesn't.

Thanks for the good idea. I've set it up. It it helps, we'll keep it. If
it doesn't, I'll remove it.

Mark

Re: tomcat textbook

Posted by Steve Lianoglou <li...@arachnedesign.net>.
Don't mean to continue the hijack, however if I might add that it
would be very helpful to just put a little note at the bottom  (in
the footer of the emails that's appended by the listserver) a one
liner, like:

To start a NEW topic, use: users@tomcat.apache.org

This gives the user a one-click way to start a new message to the
right email address. I think people 'hijack' threads cuz it's easy to
just hit the reply button then to hit the new button and type out the
email address (or whatever two-step you probably have to do in order
to get a new email to the right address)

Just a suggestion, one mailing list I'm on has that and I wonder why
everyone doesn't.

-steve

Re: tomcat textbook

tomcat textbook

Posted by P Karthick <pk...@premiertechnologygroup.com>.
Hi Tomcat Users,

I am new to tomcat server, eventhough the tomcat has online documentation, i wud  like to follow a textbook . I am not sure which book covers about tomcat from basic to advanced level.
Can any of you send me the author name with the title of the book?

Thanks,
Kary P